Friday, April 13, 2018

Thursday, April 12, 2018


2 weeks and counting!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm as usual but didn’t fall asleep for at least 2 hours.  Still I felt pretty good when I got up at 7:30am.

I left the apt at 8:45, only had to wait 2 minutes for a bus and was at the barbershop on Calle 50 by 9:35.  I was done with my 18,000 peso haircut by 10:05 and I was at the chess league by 10:20.  Unfortunately I told Jose I wouldn’t be there until 11am which is when he showed up.  I started with the black pieces and he won.
We had the lunch of the day at the restaurant Tropical again in Obelisco mall for 12,500 pesos.  After lunch I paid 500 pesos to use the mall restroom and as I walked in I noticed a stall door ajar and a man sitting backwards on the toilet.  I finally figured out that he was repairing it.

Back at the chess league we played another game where I had the white pieces and I put considerable pressure on him and instead of accepting a draw I pressed my advantage and ended up losing.  Either he’s gotten stronger or I’ve gotten weaker.  We’ll probably get together again next Tuesday. 

Taking the bus up the hill in Envigado I saw stacks of those cement things they use to create curbs and also stacks of paving tiles in the park behind the library.

I picked up 2 bags of milk at the corner store on my way back to the apt.

T-shirt of the day: Listen I have something to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment