Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Tuesday, April 3, 2018


I slept well despite getting up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:30 by some truck’s hydraulic brakes and getting up at 7:15.

I left the apt at 9am.  It’s very overcast and my cellphone predicts noontime to 2pm rains so I took my large umbrella with me.

I arrived at the chess league just before 10am.  Jose and I played 2 games and he won both.

We went to lunch at the Tropical restaurant in Obelisco mall I had tried a couple weeks ago.  He had their shrimp and beef with a Coke and I had their menu of the day – ghoulash with rice, plantain chips, salad and pineapple juice.  It was delicious and all for 10,500 pesos (about $4).  He gave Teresa and I an invite to lunch at their new apartment either Thursday or Saturday.

We walked back to the chess league and played 2 more games – he won the first and I won the 2nd.

He walked me to the Estadio station and I retraced my steps to Envigado.  I bought a kilo of strawberries from the guy on the bridge.

I got off the bus at Parque Envigado and stopped first at an ATM and then bought a few things at Exito, including a bag of small sandwich size pieces of bread.

Back at the apt I sliced up one of the bread slices and put butter on it and then my garlic spread and put it in the over for 7 minutes.  It was delicious!  I also ate a banana to keep my potassium level up.

Again because I used the HDMI cable with my laptop on Sunday, today my headphones don’t work – for example with a Youtube video.  I plugged in my magicJack but it didn’t allow me to change the audio to my headphones.  I’ll have to connect it to the TV again via HDMI cable and play around with it to get the headphones to work again.

T-shirt of the day: Too cute to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment