Saturday, April 7, 2018

Friday, April 6, 2018



I slept pretty well despite getting up twice during the night, finally waking up at 6:30 and getting up at 7:30.

At the gym I did all of my exercises in an hour and 45 minutes.  I’m happy to report that on the leg curl machine I only hear/feel a little “snap” in my left hamstring but no pain.  I think I’ll keep the weight at 50# for a little while longer.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see A Quiet Place (8.3) and maybe The Endless (6.7).

Locally, I would like to see A Quiet Place (8.3) playing at Vizcaya at 3pm and 5pm and Oviedo at 6:10pm and The Killing of a Sacred Deer (7.1) playing at Vizcaya at 6pm.

For lunch Teresa made vegetable lasagna.  After tasting it I asked what was in it.  Her list of ingredients included chicken.  “Then why do you call it vegetable lasagna?”, I asked.  “Because it contains vegetables.”, she answered.  Of course!

After lunch I left the apt at 2pm.  After a stop at the ATM I paid the Direct TV and utilities bills, bought my medications for the month and met Chuck at Bartolos.  Willie soon joined us and I shared some more jokes.  Willie told me I should watch the Fawlty Towers series.  After awhile we left Willie and walked to the bakery where we each had coffee and a pastry.

We said goodbye about 5pm and I stopped just outside the gym where I bought another container of Bi-Pro protein powder.

My friend Alex in Putomayo had his Apple laptop stolen out of his house.

Teresa and I left the apt at 7pm to buy a tablecloth at Home Center.  We didn’t find one large enough for our table but Teresa bought some other kitchen supplies.

For supper I had a large serving of “vegetable” lasagna and 2 slices of delicious, not just because I made it, garlic bread.  Btw, vegetables don’t appear to be very common here and I’ve also noticed that many Colombians leave their salads untouched on their plates.



T-shirt of the day: Yes, but not with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment