Thursday, April 19, 2018

Wednesday, April 18, 2018


8 days…and counting.

Water was back on when I got up.  Yay!

Teresa gave me 60,000 pesos to cover Andres’ admission to the Dia de Sol.  We left the apt at 8:45 without having any breakfast.  At Mall Laureles the others had coffee or hot chocolate and arepas.  We left with a family of 4 from Rhode Island although the mother was originally from El Salvador.  They all spoke good English.  We stopped at the usual restaurant where I had calentado with eggs and a café con leche.  I’ve covered this day many times before so I won’t go over it again with the exception of unusual things.  I brought my chess set with me and I gave Andres a much needed lesson.  I was getting warm in the afternoon so I decided to take a dip.  Teresa was napping so I dug through her beach bag looking for my swimsuit.  She told me she didn’t bring it.  She asked me why I didn’t remind her.  Well, I didn’t remind her all of the other times and she brought it.  So I wasn’t able to go swimming this time. 

We left a few minutes early, didn’t stop at the restaurant this time and we got through the tunnel about 15 minutes before the 8pm closing.

This time our driver dropped us off at San Diego mall as it was closer to the other family’s house and closer to Envigado for us.  We went inside the mall to quickly buy a few things at Exito but the guard wouldn’t let us in 20 minutes before closing.  The bathrooms were all locked up also.

We stopped at Dogger where we each had a hot dog and shared sodas.

We were back at the apt by 9:15.

T-shirt of the day: You can’t face the problem if the problem is your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment