Sunday, April 29, 2018

Saturday, April 28, 2018


I slept pretty well despite getting up several times during the night.
We got some rain overnight and we have a leak coming from the ceiling next to the bedroom window.

Rounds 4-7 of the NFL draft start at 11am today but I was unable to log into my Slingbox; something about incorrect userid or password.  I checked with my son and he gave me the 6-character password and I could see that the filled-in password was longer than that.

Today the Chicago Bears added the following picks:
·       4th round (#115) – ILB Joel Lyiegbuniwe, Western Kentucky.
·       5th round (#145) – DT Bilal Nichols, Delaware.
·       6th round (#181) – OLB Kylie Fitts, Utah.
·       7th round (#224) – WR Javon Wimms, Georgia.

I accidentally found that they are having a Westworld marathon on Direct TV today - all episodes of season 1 and the first episode of season 2.  Previously I had only seen the last half of episode 1, episode 2, and episodes 8-10.  Today I missed most of the 1st episode again but I caught all of 2-10 which made it a lot more sense now.

After visiting the finca Teresa went to see her mother then came back at 5:30 and asked me if I wanted to go looking at antiques and after for pizza.  After some discussion she went with her mother to look at antiques and I planned to meet them at Antica Pizza at 7:30.

Teresa called me later and reminded me to bring an umbrella.  At 7pm I looked out and saw that it was raining so I brought the large umbrella with the 2 small umbrellas in my tech bag.  As soon as I got downstairs I found the rain had changed to just a mist.  When I got to Antica Pizza and was waiting for Teresa and MT I met a couple of gringos from El Poblado that were waiting to pick up a pizza.  One was from Iowa and is teaching 3rd grade in a private school here.  I learned that he teaches all his subjects in English.  Similarly, the other gringo is from Alaska but he is teaching 8th grade.  All of his students will receive a Colombian and American high school diploma.  Interesting!  They are both here on 2-year work visas.

They have another gringo friend that just got out of the hospital.  They said he was riding his bicycle down one of the mountain roads and misjudged his speed and ended up in the wrong lane and got run over by a car.  Yikes!

Teresa told me that the guy likes the finca but he needs to find a fiador (co-signer) in order to rent it.

Tomorrow Teresa wants to go to Mayorista to buy fruits and vegetables.  I warned her I only have about 650mil left on my debit card.

T-shirt of the day: Addicted to crazy, sarcastic love.

No comments:

Post a Comment