Monday, April 30, 2018

Sunday, April 29, 2018


I slept pretty well despite getting up several times during the night.

Well, instead of going to Mayorista Teresa wants to take her mother to see Pricesmart.  We left about 10am, picked up MT at her apartment and arrived at Pricesmart for a 12mil taxi fare.

As soon as I got there I realized I had forgotten to bring my debit card.  I only had about 150,000 pesos on me but Teresa had another 210,000.  We picked up a few things (I got another package of a dozen English muffins) and then stopped in their cafeteria where we had chicken wings for an early lunch.

At the checkout we had to exclude a couple things due to our lack of funds.  I was surprised that the lines weren’t very long.  Not sure if it’s like this every Sunday or if it’s because Tuesday is a holiday – May Day.  Maybe we just got lucky!

We pushed our cart downstairs where there was a line of taxis waiting.  It cost 13,000 pesos for the ride back.

At 2pm it started raining but it stopped about 30 minutes later.

The Colombian Peso closed for the weekend at 2,806 to the US Dollar.

I talked to an old gringo from the US who has been communicating with a young Colombiana here in Envigado.  I think I gave him some good advice.

I just got a message on my laptop “consider replacing your battery”.  Uh-oh!

I solved more puzzles on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to Commander.

Not sure if I’ve mentioned this before but to get some cardio I’ve started using a jump rope.  When I started out a week or so ago I could only go for 7 seconds before exhaustion or tripping over the rope.  Now I am up to about 55 seconds.

T-shirt of the day: I don’t believe you woke up like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment