Monday, April 16, 2018

Sunday, April 15, 2018


I got up once at 2am, again at 3:30 and was awakened by a loud radio outside at 4am – like somebody turned their car on and had left the radio on.  It only lasted for a few seconds but the damage was already done – I was awake.  I questioned that theory when I heard it again a few minutes later.  Sigh!

I didn’t notice Teresa get up until 8am when she was leaving for the airport.  She told me she left her keys at MT’s apt so I should be sure to be back by 10:30 or 11 to let her and Andres in.

I got up and had breakfast (calentado sin arepa) at Carbón de Leña for 8,500.  They have a cute young black waitress working there now.  There was a public exercise class going on in the park with dozens of participants.

Teresa arrived with Andres at 11:20.  First impression, he looks like a street hood.  Or maybe just a country boy.  Hopefully that impression will improve over time.

He brought gifts: 3 boxes of marshmallow pies, 2 boxes of wafer cookies (all made in Chattanooga, TN), 3 bottles of piña colada mix, and 2 bottles of whiskey – interestingly, all in English.
Living on an island I understand he’s never seen mountains – especially interesting since most of Colombia is in the Andes.

At 12:30 it started raining but it only lasted 20 minutes.

Rhetorical question: I wonder what Melania Trump’s definition of a bully is.

I met Chuck at the park about 2pm.  He was already talking to a gringo named Dean from Alabama who turned out to be a very colorful character.  When Dean left we walked to the bakery where we each had dessert with coffee.  While Chuck and I walked thru the park we observed what were apparently random immission tests being performed out of vans on motorcycles and cars.  We soon met up with his wife Darnely.  I finally left about 5pm.

Andres, Laura and Teresa went down the hill to the larger Exito.  I think they were going to sell to someone some of the stuff he brought.

Am I the only one who is sick of hearing on the internet about Carrie Underwood’s face?

I had a talk with Teresa.  I understand Andres wants to make money painting the finca.  I told her that maybe he should have some time to see Medellin.  We agreed that it’s his decision – whatever is most important to him.  I think they will be going to the finca most days now.

T-shirt of the day: Get your fruit on.

No comments:

Post a Comment