Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Monday, April 9, 2018


I slept pretty well only getting up once during the night finally waking/getting up at 7:30am.

Jose and Maria are coming over for lunch today so I skipped my gym workout today.  Instead I made an early trip to Exito for sugar and eggs.  While I was there I also picked up a couple more bags of Cine Pop microwave popcorn.  After dropping those things off at the apt I walked over to La Abuela Isabela to pick up a small cake but it was still closed.  On my way back to the apt I bought 3 bags of milk. 

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show then went back to the bakery where I bought a small tiramisu cake.

Jose and Maria arrived at 11:30.  Teresa and Maria chatted while Jose and I played 2 games of chess.  He won one and I won one.

Lunch was spaghetti with meat sauce (a la Juanita), salad and I made some delicious garlic bread.  Next time I’ll make it a little thinner (I made it slightly over an inch thick) and I think it will be even better.

Teresa and Maria went to work on their needle work and Jose and I played 2 more games, he winning both.  Sigh!

We had a little rain in the afternoon but it stopped before they left.  They left about 5:30 and we put things back in order.

We got more rain in the evening.

Since I’m not playing chess with Jose tomorrow I suggested to the ladies that we go see The Quiet Place at Vizcaya at 5pm.

Teresa told me she’s going to the finca tomorrow to see what’s going on but she should be back in time to see the movie.

T-shirt of the day: Strangers have the best candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment