Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Monday, April 23, 2018


3 days and counting…

I slept pretty well last night except Teresa was snoring so loudly at 2am I had to wake her.

I have no signs of a cold today.

I guess we forgot to buy milk Saturday so I had to make a quick run to the corner store.

Laura left about 8:30 in the morning.  I understand she’s working this week at the same store she was at last December.

I just remembered that I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow with a nutritionist, of all things, so I won’t be able to play chess with Jose tomorrow.

At the gym I completed all but one exercise in an hour and 50 minutes.

Teresa informed me she has to go to the finca today to water the plants.  Then she said she can’t because it’s a “day without cars”.  I told her I saw lots of cars on the street today.  She said but no taxis.  I looked out the window and down the street and I could see taxis go by.  For some reason, unknown to me, she ended up not going.

A man delivered our new telephone book today.  It included yellow pages and even a few pages of coupons in the middle.

We took a nap from 1:30 to 2:30 for me and 3:30 for Teresa.

Teresa called Dr. Rendon and got me a dentist appointment for 4:30 on Wednesday.  We’ve decided to split up our dental cleaning appointments over this and the next 2 months.

Regarding the area under construction behind the library:  The back ¼ acre had all the grass removed, they dug a trench in the rear portion of that and inserted and buried a long large-diameter pipe.
I solved more puzzles on Chess Magnet School.

I just read in the news that early this morning there was a rock/mudslide southwest of Medellin.  No lives were lost but the town of Betulia, population 50,000, is isolated until it is cleared – probably by tomorrow morning.

T-shirt of the day: Call back.

No comments:

Post a Comment