Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Monday, April 16, 2018


10 days and counting!

I woke up at 2am, again at 4am and had difficulty falling back asleep.  I woke up at 6am and just rested until I got up at 7:30.

Teresa asked me to have Jose help me at the gym to see how much I need to put in Laura’s account.

I gave Teresa 300mil to buy paint for Andres to paint the finca and another 20mil for bus money.

I read that Kraft is going to market a new product – a combination of ketchup and mayo that they will call Mayochup.  First, that’s a stupid name.  Second, they’ve had that here for years – it’s a pinkish sauce called rosado and people put it on burgers, hot dogs and even French fries.

Teresa told me that when she was at the airport one of the presidential candidates was there along with lots of press and photographers.

After Teresa left, someone rang out apartment from downstairs.  Laura didn’t come out to answer it so I picked it up and said my usual “no thank you” and hung up.  A couple minutes later it rang again and I waited and Laura finally came out of her room and answered it.  She told me that someone from the agency (real estate) is downstairs with a paper for me to sign.  How am I going to know what it says?  I went downstairs and a messenger handed me a letter and I had to sign a delivery form on his clipboard.  Back in the apt I quickly figured out that it was an announcement that our monthly rent is going up to 1,596,000 as of May 1st.  That’s about a $20 increase from last year.

At the gym I did most of my exercises in an hour and 30 minutes.  I had Jose assist me at the main desk and I was told I need to put an additional 49,000 pesos in the account.  (Later Teresa asked me why the girl told her so much more.  I said, “I don’t know, I just did what you asked me.”)

I met Chuck at La Casita Parilla for lunch and Laura soon joined us.  They had the ribs but I was good and had the chicken breast.  We all had mango juice to go with it and the total came to 43,000 pesos (about $16).  Laura left and Chuck and I went to the bakery for coffee.  On our way I started telling him about the black Porsche convertible I saw parked on our block some weeks ago and shockingly we saw it there again.  He said that’s a $75,000 car.  I stopped briefly at Bancolombia and deposited 50mil into Laura’s account.  After coffee I left Chuck at 2:30 and took a bus to Oviedo.  I added 40 mil to my Cine Colombia account (I learned today that’s the minimum you can add) and I bought a general ticket for 10,500.  I bought a small popcorn and medium soda for another 13,200 giving me a remaining balance of 42,950.  The movie was good with lots of military action.  There were only 3 others in the theater.  As I left I noticed that all the coming movies appear to be Marvel superhero type movies – ugh!

When I left (about 5:30) I had the usual wait for a bus.  The first Sabaneta bus that came by didn’t stop because it was full.  I was starting to consider taking a taxi or an Envigado bus that would at least get me close to the park when another Sabaneta bus stopped.  I got on and thought I was the last as I was on the steps not being able to get through the turnstyle but another guy got on and he was on the bottom step.  I was able to stay in that spot as others got off at the back door and the driver let me off right on my street.

Teresa reported to me that it won’t work with Andres painting the finca.  Something about it being too much work.  She gave me 150mil back so I assume they already bought some paint.

Andres wanted to see Parque Envigado so he and Laura left the apt at 9:30.  They were back by 10:15 as I’ll bet there wasn’t much open that late on a weekday night.

T-shirt of the day: I’m the one I have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment