Sunday, April 8, 2018

Saturday, April 7, 2018


Despite getting up once during the night and again about 6:30am I slept until 8:45.

Looking down the hill at the park behind the library I can see that they now have the entire area fenced in, half of the inside area closed off and workers appear to be removing the surface of a rectangular area.  That area is tiered like they are making very wide steps into the park.

After breakfast I left the apt at 9:45, and quickly caught a bus to Poblado.  At Envios Market I picked up the simple can opener I ordered from the states.  I took a bus up to Krispy Kreme where I bought 3 original glazed donuts to go.  I stopped at Starbucks where I bought a small white mocca latte.  I took a bus back to Envigado and arrived just before noon.

Teresa informed me that Andres might be arriving as early as Tuesday.

I ordered a bottle of Incanto perfume from Amazon for Teresa.  I didn’t have to pay anything as I still had a balance from my son’s gift card.

While I was waiting for Laura to take her shower I went to the corner store and bought a 1.5 liter bottle of cold Coke and 2 bags of milk.

At 6:50 I called Mu and placed a takeout order for a large order of ribs.  Five minutes later Laura and I walked to the bottom of the hill and quickly caught a taxi.  It seemed as soon as we got to El Poblado it started raining.  We were at the restaurant 25 minutes after I placed the order.  I ran inside and the ribs were waiting for me.  It cost 72,000 pesos (almost $26).  The taxi waited for us and we were back 50 minutes after I placed the order for 18,000 pesos.  It was not raining in Envigado.

We each ate 2 ribs with fries and chips and there are still 2 ribs left over with fries for my lunch tomorrow.

T-shirt of the day: Don’t worry.  I’m an accountant.

No comments:

Post a Comment