Sunday, April 15, 2018

Saturday, April 14, 2018


I got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and told Teresa the time.  Surprise, she got up to go to the clinic for her blood draw and give a urine sample.  I fell back asleep and woke/got up at 8am.
She returned while I was taking my shower.

I left the apt at 9:45 and quickly caught a bus to Poblado.  I got off and walked up to Clinica Medellin where I withdrew all 20s from their Servibanca ATM.  I walked the 3 blocks to Envios Market where I picked up my April Chess Life magazine, March Reader’s Digest and a package in a plastic UPS bag.  I paid the 3,600 peso tax and quickly caught an Envigado bus.  I got off at Office Depot and walked across the street and up a block to Starbucks.  I ordered a white mocca latte, extra hot, but it never seems to be hot enough.  I drank it outside in the fresh air while finishing my March Reader’s Digest.  I was there about 45 minutes and then I walked across the street and up to Oviedo mall to their bus stop.  Across the street I observed two young ladies in short jean shorts, t-shirt, and indian headress handing out free bottles of 7-UP.  My Sabaneta bus arrived in about 10 minutes.  I got off at Calle 38Sur and walked through the park to Copatra where I paid the Une bill and the electric bill for the finca.  I stopped at the copy center where I had 2 chess articles printed.  In Exito I picked up a few things and had to wait in line for about 15 minutes.  I was back at the apt by 12:30.

In the package were the two umbrellas I ordered from Shedrain and an iPad cover for Laura I bought on eBay.  I gave the umbrellas to Teresa and Laura and hopefully now they will keep their hands off mine.

About 2:20 it rained hard but stopped after about 30 minutes.

I solved more chess puzzles on Chess Magnet School and was promoted to the title of Defender.

From my April Reader’s Digest, “I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything.” Bill Bryson, Neither Here Nor There.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,710 to the US Dollar.

I finished reading the paperback On Wings of Eagles by Ken Follett and downloaded James Patterson’s Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross series #1).

T-shirt of the day: Love & Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment