Sunday, March 18, 2018

Saturday, March 17, 2018


I slept pretty well despite getting up once during the night.

Teresa asked me if I would go to Home Center to buy something she wrote down that looked like metal polish.  That’s what it turned out to be and while there I also bought AA batteries and some chip clips.  On the way back to the apt I walked past the billiard parlor where I saw 3 chess games underway.  I stopped at the copy center where I printed out information (courtesy of Medellin Guru) about a new food court called Mercado del Tranvia which is east of the San Antonio station on the Tranvia bus route.

Teresa went to meet with her mother and I met Chuck at Bartolos.  For lunch we each had their menu of the day for 12,000 pesos (about $4.25).

A friend of Chuck & Darnely stopped by, Maria Angel, a pretty 35ish lady with 3 young children back in Venezuela.  They have helped her out on various occasions with food and other things.
Richard, from SF (previously Chicago), stopped by and we chatted for awhile.  Chuck and I went over to Noah’s Ark for coffee. 

When we left he went to see if he could find Maria in the park and I went to the billiard parlor.  I found a few available boards and sat down at one and set up the pieces.  The 3 billiard tables were in use and 4 men were playing what looked like Rummy at a nearby table.  Two men were playing 2 minute speed games with others watching; It appeared to be some type of round robin tournament.  I waited 30 minutes but no one stopped by my board to play so I left.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,855 to the US Dollar.

I’ve been completing lessons on Chess Magnet School again but I’m just up to the level of Herald so I’ve got a long way to go.

Teresa discovered Youtube on her cellphone and now she watches/listens to videos nonstop for hours.

I finished reading the paperback novel The Crisis by Robin Cook.  It was very good – I think I’ll read his #1 bestsellers in the near future.

T-shirt of the day: Wake up and train.



No comments:

Post a Comment