Friday, March 23, 2018

Thursday, March 22, 2018


I watched the Today show and then met Chuck outside my apt at 10:30.  We took a taxi to Pricesmart where I got Chuck in as my guest.  We took our time walking around and he picked up a set of bed sheets, a package of almonds and something else I forget.  At one point there was a young lady handing out free samples.  We couldn’t tell exactly what it was.  She spoke very good English and informed us it’s cake.  The package said it’s Black Cake made by Aunt White.  She said it’s her aunt.  She is taking the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test soon and was happy to be able to practice speaking English.  She hopes to go to USC to study.

I found a jar of garlic spread that I bought for 13mil.  Sadly, I didn’t see the carrot cake I saw previously.  We had lunch in their food court – a slice of pizza and a soda.  I picked up a dozen chicken wings for Teresa and Laura to share for lunch.

Downstairs we quickly caught a taxi back to my apt in Envigado.  I ran into Laura leaving for another driving lesson.  I dropped off the chicken wings (hot) and the garlic spread (cold) and we walked to the park for coffee.  I saw Jason, one of the personal trainers from the gym, having lunch with his wife.  Chuck told me he’s meeting another Gringo at 7pm at Consumo and he’s going to take him to the bar where other gringos met on Thursday night.  He invited me to join him and I accepted.  We’re going to meet outside Exito at 6:45 and we’ll go together to Consumo.

Walking back to my apt I ran into Ron.  I told him about the gringo meetup and invited him to join us.

Back at the apt I took 2 acetaminophen and lay down for 30 minutes but they didn’t help much.

I left the apt at 6:35 and arrived at Exito where I saw Chuck talking to Ron.  After a few minutes Chuck excused himself as we needed to leave.  I asked Ron if he wasn’t going with us.  Obviously, Chuck didn’t know I had already talked to Ron and invited him to join us.  We all walked down to Consumo and soon John, the Englishman, joined us.  He led us 4 blocks east to a corner bar where about 5 other Englishmen were meeting.  We talked for about 90 minutes and when we left we first stopped across the street at a rib place La Estacion that John recommended.  Inside I recognized a guy from the gym although he didn’t speak as much English as I thought.  An order of ribs was 20,500 pesos.

We walked back to Exito where we all split up.

T-shirt of the day: I’m with the band.



No comments:

Post a Comment