Monday, March 5, 2018

Friday, March 2, 2018


I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  In the park, workers were setting up long tables in two rows so something’s going on.  I did my exercises in an hour and 40 minutes.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Death Wish (6.7).  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

After lunch I met Chuck at the park at 2:30.  He told me that the tables were for a chess tournament and why wasn’t I playing in it.  I told him I didn’t know anything about it.  I brought the box of English toffee to share with Chuck.  I gave the waitress a bite and she soon came back with a napkin asking for another for a friend.  Later, we took a walk over there and I saw that a simultaneous exhibition was in progress.  It looked like there were 4 strong players in the center playing dozens of others sitting at the tables.
We stopped at my bakery so I could buy a blueberry muffin but we found it closed.  Strange!

We walked down by city hall where we found a table outside one of the bakeries.

I left about 5pm and returned to the apt.

Teresa and I left about 5:45 for my 6:20 doctor’s appointment.
Walking through the park I saw that the chess exhibition was still underway.

In the clinic, Nueva eps, we checked in at the front desk where I paid 3mil ($1) for my appointment.  About 6:15 we were called into a side room to see the doctor.  He didn’t speak English but I understood he wanted to know about the medications I’m taking.  I showed him my belly button and after my lying down and he palpitated it he confirmed that I have an umbilical hernia.  He said he could schedule surgery for me if I wanted but it probably isn’t dangerous as long as I don’t overexert myself at the gym.  He also listened to my heart and took my blood pressure.

Afterwards Teresa wanted to go to Gourmet Pizza for dinner.  It took us about 10 minutes to catch a taxi.

We found the restaurant but the name is now Antica Pizza.  Same place different name.

We enjoyed our pizza and got one to for for Laura and one for MT.
We took a taxi to Bocados Bar where MT was waiting for us.  She had a few bites of her pizza and then gave the rest to Wilson.  Laura showed up about 9:15 after her workout at the gym.

T-shirt of the day: Don’t kill the magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment