Sunday, March 25, 2018

Saturday, March 24, 2018


I didn’t sleep well last night so I took ½ an Excedrin Migraine and was soon feeling better.

After breakfast I walked to Cotrafa where I quickly paid the wifi bill.  I walked past the billiard parlor (hereafter I think I’ll refer to it as the chess room) where I saw one chess game in progress.  I stopped at the copy center where I had some pages printed - How to Use Google Translate.  I stopped at Exito where I picked up a few things.

Back at the apt I took a 45 minute nap.

I played around with taking photos of Spanish articles and having Google Translate translate it to English.  It’s far from perfect.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,842 to the US Dollar.

Using my Slingbox I watched the (Chicago) Loyola Ramblers defeat Kansas State 78-62 to go on to the final four in the NCAA tournament.  I remember listening to Loyola on the radio back in the 60s.  We did have television back then.  No, really!

I made waffles for dinner for the first time in a long time.

I believe I’ve mentioned the Proof of Life form before.  It’s the form that old people like me need to fill out and sign every 2 years if they have a foreign address.  I was pretty sure that MT’s ended with an odd number, meaning she would have to send one in by the end of the year in order for her checks to not stop arriving next February.  Teresa checked with her and her SS ends in a ‘9’ so that confirmed it.

Laura left at 8:30 to meet with friends and see a movie.

Teresa tells me she wants to go to mass tomorrow morning at 7am.  (Good luck with that!  Do I want to join her?  Not at that hour.)

T-shirt of the day: Make progress not excuses.



No comments:

Post a Comment