Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Monday, March 12, 2018


On the way to the gym I saw workers putting down rebar grids in the center of Avenida Poblado and pouring cement.

I did most of my exercises at the gym in an hour and 50 minutes.  I saw Glen(n) again and informed him we have probably sold (traded) the finca.  I talked briefly with Jose who said he saw Black Panther.  That wasn’t a movie I was interested in so I asked him how he liked it.  He didn’t.  I commented I thought all the actors in the movie were black and he said there was only one white guy.  I said he was probably the bad guy and he laughed.

Teresa told me we’re meeting at a restaurant tonight at 5pm to celebrate Vicky’s birthday.

Right after lunch Teresa went to get her hair done.

I left the apt about 2:45, took a bus to MBE where I picked up my final 1099-R for 5,000 pesos.  I took a bus back to Parque Poblado and walked down the hill to Monterrey Mall.

I walked around asking about laptop fans and finally found one at Gamers Colombia for 90,000 pesos ($30).

I took the metro back to Envigado and unfortunately I chose to take the Metro Bus to avoid having to walk up the hill.  Due to construction on the new Metro Plus they had the usual route – Calle 38Sur – closed.  Because of heavy traffic it took 40 minutes to get to the top of the hill (Avenida Poblado) where I got off before the park.  I was back at the apt by 4:50.

Teresa informed me that Albero would be picking us up at 5:30.  I told her I feel hot and sweaty and I need to take a shower first.  I was all dressed and waiting by 5:15 but Albero didn’t show up until 7:15.  I’m sure he experienced traffic problems himself.

The restaurant he took us to was Il Forno right next door to La Pampa across the street from Laureles Park #1.  I thought the restaurant was a steakhouse but it turned out to be Italian.  I had the chicken and bolognese lasagna with a coconut lemonade. 

I took my melatonin before we left the restaurant and avoided looking at my cell phone after that.  Laura called for an Uber car and he arrived within 2 minutes and had us back at the apt within 20 minutes for 15,000 pesos.

T-shirt of the day: Carribean attitude.



No comments:

Post a Comment