Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Tuesday, March 6, 2018


I left the apt at 8:50am.  After waiting until 9am for a bus I just hoofed it down to the metro station.

I arrived at the chess league office at 10am where I found Jose waiting for me.  We played 2 games and he won both.  During the 2nd game I made a trip to the restroom.  When I came back I told Jose “No toilet seat.  No toilet paper.  The doors aren’t aligned so you can’t lock the door.  The flushing power barely works.  No soap.  No paper towels.  What a country.”  He just laughed.

Jose had walked to the chess league so he wasn’t interested in walking to the restaurant.  We took a taxi for minimum fare to La Pampa Burguer & Ribs (Carrera 73 Circular 4-13) by Parque Laureles #1.  Last time I think I had their Classic Burger so this time I tried the Palermo.  It was wrapped in bacon with cheese inside – delicious.  Including a strawberry juice with milk (like a milk shake) and tip it cost me 35,500 pesos or about $12.

Jose had already told me he’s playing in another chess tournament tonight so he went home for a nap.  He walked back to his apartment and I walked over to Avenida 80 where I caught a Circular Sur 302 to Aguactala and the metro and bus back to Envigado.

I received an answer from Envios Market – they have no letter waiting for me for pickup.

There is a fabric fence cutting through the park behind the library.  It appears that the ground is broken up on one side but I can’t see what’s going on as a tree is blocking my view.

T-shirt of the day: Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment