Friday, March 16, 2018

Thursday, March 15, 2018


I slept well last night, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I watched the first hour of the Today show.

We got some rain overnight and it’s still very overcast.  The temp is only 71 degrees with an expected high of 79.  I left the apt dressed in shorts and a muscle t-shirt.

I took the metro to the Estadio Station where I checked out a bike.  I rode to the water park and noticed they have resurfaced an area for biking and added striping (on the other side of the fence).  I checked in my bike at the automated station and stopped across the street at Cosechas for a juice.  I was unable to check out another bike from the machine – my best guess is I need to renew my Civica card with Encicla.  (It’s been almost a year now that I’ve had it.)  I walked down to the nearest bike station with a human operator but it was obvious they had no bikes to check out.  Then it started misting.

I took a taxi to Estadio Station and walked to the chess league where there I found a tournament underway.  I walked to Obelisco mall where I had lunch at a Mexican restaurant named Tropical.  I had a chicken burrito, baked potato, and mango juice.  I also ordered a salad which never arrived – either at my table or the check.  The total came to 18,000 (about $6.25).

On my way back to the station it soon started raining.

Back in Envigado I took a chance and took the Metro bus.  This time the traffic wasn’t as heavy and the driver turned one street early and a traffic cop gave us the right of way and it only took 10 minutes to get near the park.

I met Chuck at Bartolos at 2:30.

An acquantiance (30-something black attractive black lady) stopped by and chatted.  She sold marshmallows a few months ago when she met a black guy we were with.  I understand they emailed each other for some time and then for some reason he dropped her.  (My guess is he dropped her when she started asking for money.)

Teresa told me we are invited to spend the long weekend (Saturday – Monday) at her friend Ana Maria’s finca in San Vicente which looks like its about 2 hours east of Medellin.  To be determined.

T-shirt of the day: 3 stripe life.



No comments:

Post a Comment