Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Sunday, March 4, 2018


After breakfast I made a trip to the pharmacy for my medicine for the month.  The total came to 370,300 pesos and the receipt was in dollars - $133.70 – which doesn’t give me a good currency exchange rate.  A few of the items were extras like Vitamin C lozenges and bandaids.

I stopped briefly for a café con leche at Bartolos.

After lunch Teresa and I took a brief nap.

At 3:15 we left for Santafe mall.  I was successful with calling for a taxi using my Tappsi app.

The driver dropped me off at the lower entrance to Santafe mall and he continued on to take Teresa to the upper entrance.

I walked across the street to Oviedo and up to the top floor to the theater.  I added 50mil to my Cine Colombia card giving me a new balance of 69,550.  I bought 2 preferred seating tickets for 15,500 (about $5.50) each.

Back in Santafe mall I asked a security guard outside Falabella if they have their own ATM machine.  He directed me to the 3rd floor and I understood “deep”.  I went up two levels and in the back I found Falabella Bank.  Hiding around the corner I found a very public ATM machine.  The maximum shown on the screen was 400,000 but I chose “other amount” and entered 800,000.  It told me “maximum exceeded” so I decided to quit while I was ahead.  (I checked my notes later and I think the maximum is 780,000 with a 12,000 ATM fee.)

I stopped at iShop where I bought a new charger for my iPad 2 for 135,000 pesos ($47).

I found Teresa outside Zara and was surprised to find it closed; either out of business or under construction – couldn’t tell which.
We walked across the street to Oviedo where Teresa first had a hotdog with a Diet Coke.  (Did I mention that the custom is to put shoe string potatoes on the top of a hotdog here?)

Five minutes before showtime I bought a medium popcorn and large Pepsi for myself for 16,300 and we entered the theater.  (Not sure if I mentioned that you also get a discount on purchases with the Cine Colombia card.)

I enjoyed Night Games a 2nd time and Teresa loved it.  Not sure if I mentioned that thanks to the Runpee app I saw the final scene at the end after all the credits were over, everyone had left and the cleaning crew was working around us.

I watched some of the 90th Academy Awards but I was so tired I went to bed early.  Btw, Cine Colombia is also celebrating their 90th anniversary this year – or was it last year?

T-shirt of the day: Stupid is as stupid does.



No comments:

Post a Comment