Monday, March 5, 2018

Saturday, March 3, 2018


It’s actually Monday night as I try to recall what I did last Saturday.

Without any breakfast Teresa and I left the apt the apt at 7am.
Walking through the park I noticed that the white tents with tables for the chess exhibition were gone and replaced with individual orange and green booths.

At Nueva eps I paid 3,000 pesos ($1) to cover the cost of my blood test.  There was a short line to take a number.  I got 24 and they were serving 94 so I knew we had a little wait.  All the chairs outside the phlebotomy room were taken after Teresa got a seat so waited in a standing line with about a dozen others.  I looked at my paperwork and it appears that the actual cost of my tests are 72,000 pesos and I only had to pay 3,000.

After about 30 minutes I got a seat.  Teresa recognized the woman who appeared to be organizing everything and she soon got us into the room.  The phlebotomist took 2 vials of my blood and we left. 
We had breakfast at Carbon de Leña.  While there I observed police across the road randomly stopping motorcyclists to check their documents.  No “probable cause” needed here.  From what I have read recently police are checking their purchase papers and insurance.

We walked across the street to the park where we saw the boots were for an arts & crafts fare – and the usual food booths thrown in.
While Teresa checked the place out I went to the copy center where I had my list of medicines I take printed out; a little late for this year but plenty early for next year.  I also had my 1099s scanned to my memory stick.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,866 to the US Dollar.
At the apt I was eating some peanut brittle when one piece stuck to two of my molars.  I removed it with my fingernail but after that they didn’t feel right.

That’s all folks!

T-shirt of the day: Boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment