Thursday, March 22, 2018

Tuesday, March 20, 2018


Despite getting up 2-3 times during the night I felt I slept well.  I read somewhere that magnesium tends to make one drowsy so instead of taking it after lunch I’ve been taking it just before going to bed and it seems to be helping me get to sleep faster.

Teresa left for the gym and took my small umbrella.  I told her the reason it’s called “my umbrella” is because it’s my umbrella.  Why don’t you buy one for yourself?

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show and left without an umbrella.  I checked the weather on my cellphone and if there’s to be any rain it should be soon.  Hopefully I’ll be on the metro by then.  I caught a Metro bus after just a 5 minute wait.  I noticed that the Calle 38 Sur route is now open for Metro buses.  I got off the Metro at the Alpujarra station and walked to the Encicla office.  There was no line and I quickly stated my problem in my broken Spanish “last week my Civica card didn’t work on one of the automated machines.  It’s been almost exactly a year since I got my card.  Do I have to renew it every year?”  The answer was “yes” and then she proceeded to confirm my account information – cell phone, emergency contact, address, etc.  By 10:35 I was done.

I walked back to the metro station and retraced my route back to Envigado.  From where the bus let me off across from the park and I walked the 2 blocks to the bookstore where I exchanged Robin Cook’s The Crisis and 2,000 pesos for Ken Follett’s On Wings of Eagles.  I walked back to the park and arrived at 11:25.  A waiter or waitress never asked for my order until Chuck showed up at noon.  What, they like him better than me?

While we were chatting a lady showed up with a lady friend and started talking to Chuck.  I understood her husband is a golf nut so I gave her David Maddox’s phone number – the golf nut from Costa Rica.  Her name is Sylvia and I thought she was about 45-50 and a gringa but she’s 60 and originally a Colombiana.  Chuck told me he’s trying to install a TV on the wall and needs another set of hands so I’m going to help him tomorrow after lunch.

Chuck was getting hungry so we walked over to La Casita Parilla where he had chicken breast and I had their ribs.  The total check came to 28,000 pesos or ($9.50).  He said next time he’d like to try the ribs so I guess he plans to return.

He went on to try to find his friend Maria Angel and I bought 2 bags of milk and returned to the apt.

I found Esmeralda visiting as she and Teresa were talking at the dining room table.

I ordered 2 mini umbrellas from Shedrain and soon received an email that they had been shipped.

We had a thunderstorm come through between 5 and 6pm.

Teresa went to her mother’s apartment for awhile so I made myself a toasted cheese sandwich for dinner.

T-shirt of the day: Don’t kill the magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment