Saturday, December 7, 2019

Friday, December 6, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11:30, woke up briefly when Teresa got up at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.

Teresa came back at 8:15 and reported the surgery went fine and MT was in no pain.

She informed me she’s going to Santafe mall to shop and exchange some clothes so I’m on my own for lunch today.

I went to the gym where I completed my exercises in an hour and 15 minutes.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Aeronauts (6.7).  Locally, I would like to see Zombieland (7.2).

I left the apt at 12:15 and met Chuck outside El Tepito.  At my recommendation we went to Salpi Jugos where he had the menu of the day and I had their Cesar salad with chicken for 19,500.

We went next door to Otra Parte where we had coffee and he had a slice of cheesecake and I had a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream.  My share was 10,000 pesos.

Chuck needed to pick up some things from Home Center so we walked down to the mall.  When we arrived the old man was tired so we rested on the benches near the entrance.  Juan, my Spanish tutor, came by with his son and I introduced him to Chuck.  After chuck had rested awhile we went into Home Center where he picked up some plumbing supplies.

We stopped at Auros where I had Teresa’s pre-colonoscopy instructions printed out from my cellphone.

Outside Exito there was about a 20 minute wait for a taxi.  I got out just down the street from my apt and Chuck continued on to his house.

For dinner we ordered chicken wings from Go Wings but when the deliveryman arrived he had forgotten our drinks.  I didn’t have to pay him until he returned with them about 15 minutes later.

I started watching Coco (8.3), the DVD that John Heath loaned me.  My daughter, Jeannie, also recommended the movie.  I’m quitting for the night at the 30 minute mark.

10,185 steps today.

Joke of the day
The wise old Mother Superior from County Tipperary was dying.
The nuns gathered around her bed trying to make her comfortable.
They gave her some warm milk to drink, but she refused it. One of the nuns took the glass back to the kitchen.
Remembering a bottle of Irish whiskey received as a gift the previous Christmas, she opened it and poured a generous amount into the warm milk. 
Back at Mother Superior's bed, she held the glass to her lips. Mother Superior drank a little, then a little more. Before they knew it, she had drunk the whole glass down to the last drop. 
"Mother", the nuns pleaded, "Please give us some wisdom before you die".
She raised herself up in bed with a pious look on her face and said: "Don't sell the cow".

1 comment:

  1. Thanx Terry . . . Another previously unheard (on my part) joke. Good for a grin!

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete