Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Tuesday, December 24, 2019


Last night I took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10:45, got up once at 2:30, again at 5:30, and gave up getting back asleep at 6:15.

We left the apt at 8:30 and arrived at Pricesmart at 8:55, five minutes before their open.  Still on the main entrance level I looked down and saw about a dozen people, with and without carts, waiting for them to open at 9am.  We went down to the main level and I noticed the escalator wasn’t yet turned on.  I looked down and as far as I could see there was a line of people with carts waiting for the escalator to start.  I walked down the escalator and there was a line almost to the other end of the parking garage.  I got in back of the line, they opened at 9am and I reached the top, where Teresa was waiting for me, 10 minutes later.

We split up and I got a few items to put in the cart.  The last aisle I don’t usually go down as I recall it has things like paper towels, napkins, and plastic wrap.  I went down it today and was excited to find my Canadian maple syrup, Bisquick, pecans and the Biscotti cookies Teresa likes.

I got the idea maybe they have a juicer here.  The ones I saw in Home Center weren’t suitable; they were more like mixers than juicers.  I could order one from the US but I feared the delivery cost might be exorbitant.  I looked and they had an Oster 5-speed juicer for about 310,000 pesos.  I googled it and it has a 4 ½ star rating.  I showed it to Teresa and she suggested we wait until next time.  I told her we should buy it now because next time they might not have it.

Teresa found a small turkey breast and asked me if I thought it was good.  It was a Butterball so I told her that’s one of the best brands of turkey they sell in the US.

The total came to 845,900, about $215.

Before we left we stopped in the food court and Teresa bought a couple salads to go.

Downstairs we were only second in line for a taxi but we had to wait at least 20 minutes for one.

We were back in the apt by 11:30.

Just after 2pm Teresa claimed she felt a tremblor.  I didn’t feel anything while lying on the couch and the rocking chair next to me didn’t move.  Because I doubted it Teresa asked me to come to her and she pointed out her standing artwork that was rocking back and forth.  (I downloaded an earthquake app and Bogota had a 6.0 magnitude earthquake at 2:03pm with an aftershock of 5.8 that occurred 16 minutes later.)

Teresa cooked a portion of the Butterball turkey breast for dinner.

We finished watching the series Dirty John on Netflix.  A very good series.

We heard sporatic fireworks throughout the night.

0 steps.  My step counter was blank; maybe the battery is dying.

Joke of the day
A woman who wanted to know how her husband would react if she left without telling him where she had gone. She decided to write him a letter saying she was tired of him and didn't want to live with him anymore. After writing the letter, she put it on the table in the bedroom and then climbed under the bed to hide until her husband got home. When he eventually came back home, he saw the letter on the table and read it.
After a few moments of silence, he picked up the pen and added something to the letter. Then he started to get changed, whistling happy tunes and singing and dancing while he did so. He grabbed his phone and dialed a number. His wife listened from under the bed as he started chatting with someone.
"Hey babe, I'm just changing clothes then I will join you," he said. "As for the fool, it finally dawned on her that I was fooling around on her and left. I was really wrong to have married her; I wish you and I had met earlier. See you soon, honey!"
Then he hung up and walked out of the room.
In tears and very upset, she climbed out from under the bed and stumbled over to read what her unfaithful husband had written on the end of her letter.  
Through teary and bleary eyes, she read:
I could see your feet you idiot, I am going out to buy milk."

No comments:

Post a Comment