Saturday, December 14, 2019

Friday, December 13, 2019


Last night I took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 2am, again at 6am when I closed the window (truck outside unloading things for Exito), finally getting up at 7:45.

Teresa said we could meet them for lunch at noon at La Bahia.  Of course, I’ll be picking up the check.  And no, I don’t mind.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked to the gym.  This morning it is an uncharacteristically cool 66 degrees.  (Usually it’s in the lower 70s at this point.)  I ran into Marcos right away, back from his visit to Arizona.  He told me how expensive everything is in the US and how he could never live there again full time.  He told me he returned with a lot of kitchen spices.  The gym was quieter than usual, perhaps because of the Christmas holiday, perhaps because of the “cold” weather.  I was completing my first rep on the seated row machine when I felt something pop in my right wrist.  I didn’t attempt any more reps and went straight to the treadmill.  After that I also skipped the chest press and biseps curl, finishing my workout for today.  I’ll let it rest for the weekend and hopefully it will be better on Monday.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Richard Jewell (7.6).  Locally, there isn’t anything I would like to see but Knives Out (8.1) is playing at several times at Viva Envigado if I can get Teresa to see it.

We left the apt at 12:30 and Esmeralda, with Alejandro, drove us to La Bahia for lunch.  Alejandro helped me register my Claro Video app.  I received a confirmation from them stating something about Claro Video for 13,900 a month.  And here I thought it was free.  
They went on to Bello and I went to the mall.

I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa while doing 16 more chess puzzles and I finished reading my new Chess Life magazine.
About 4pm I returned to the apt.

I watched Limitless (7.4) on Direct TV, not for the first time.

Teresa returned at 7:45 complaining of the traffic.  She was starving so she ordered chicken wings from Go Wings.  It arrived 30 minutes later – 6 wings & fries and a Coke each for 38,900 (about $12).  Included were an unexpected bonus of 2 extra wings and 2 small packages of carrot & celery sticks.

I finished reading the paperback Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.

0 steps today – somehow I must have accidentally reset it.  But with the gym, the treadmill, and the mall I’m sure I got about 7,000 for today.

Joke of the day
After being with her all evening, the man couldn't take another minute with his blind date. 
Earlier, he had secretly arranged to have a friend call him on the phone so he would have an excuse to leave if something like this happened. 
When he returned to the table, he lowered his eyes, put on a grim expression and said: "I have some bad news. My grandfather just died." 
"Thank heavens," his date replied. "If yours hadn't, mine would have had to!"

No comments:

Post a Comment