Monday, December 23, 2019

Sunday, December 22, 2019


Last night I took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 2am, again at 5am and had difficulty falling back asleep due to the drunken singing/chanting from somewhere outside.  I finally gave up and got up at 6:15 and they were still going at it.

About 7:25 I noticed a message from Glenn had arrived 15 minutes earlier that they were going to be leaving in 15 minutes.  I quickly got my stuff together and left the apt.  I quickly caught a bus to Calle 7 and walked up the hill.  I got an outside table and Glenn and James arrived 10 minutes later.

After breakfast we walked to the Pergamino CafĂ© #2 and learned it doesn’t open until 10am.  Since it was only 9:30am we walked a block away and had coffee again at the Click Clack Hotel.  The waitress spoke very good English.  I brought 3 oatmeal cookies with me to share but Glenn said he doesn’t like oatmeal or walnuts so I gifted the extra to the waitress.  A minute Later James told me the waitress was sharing it with other staff.  I looked that way and she, another waitress and waiter all gave me the thumbs up.

Before we left I made a trip to the restroom and found this sign at the entrance “THIS BATHROOM IS FOR PEOPLE.  It’s open to anyone who knows how to leave it clean.  To anyone who does not categorize people.  To anyone who needs to pee (or look at themselves in the mirror).  Open to us, open to all.  It has been liberated from the gender classification.  Use it regardless your genre or expression.”  Washing my hands at the communal sink I hit my head on the overhead lamp that is set about 5’6” high.

I asked the waitress about a New Years Eve party at the hotel and she promised to email me information.  Without seeing the rooms, it looks like a neat hotel.  (Later I did a quick search and it appears they charge about $100 a night.)  Next Sunday we’re going to try breakfast here.

We took a taxi back to Sabaneta and I got off at McDonald’s in Envigado.

Teresa had already left, probably to Mayorca with MT.

My right wrist is bothering me again.  What brought that on, I have no idea.

I wrapped a plate of oatmeal cookies and took them down for the other shift of guards.

I left the apt again at 12:45 and walked to Go Wings.  The young waitress spoke a little English so we practiced a bit.  I tried a new drink the Hatsu Soda, because it only had 3 grams of sugar, but I didn’t like it so I know now not to order that again.  Teresa called me and told me she’s still at Mayorca.

On my way back to the apt the young waitress at Na Pizza said “hello”.  We chatted a bit and I learned her name is Rebecca and she studied English in Boston for 8 months.

Back at the apt one of the security guards told me he loved the oatmeal cookies.

I left the apt again at 2:30 and walked to Marcos apartment where he gave me a demonstration of his Fire Stick.  He recommended the same person, Rob, install it that Glenn did.

Teresa arrived at the apt the same time as I returned.  She told me the security guard loved the cookies.

Jose called me and told me he can’t play on Tuesday but he can play tomorrow so I’m going to skip gym.

Teresa told me she found someone interested in renting the finca for a year at 1 million pesos a month.  Also she needs to go to a mall tomorrow to exchange some clothes.

I texted Rob and first I need to buy a 4K Fire Stick.  He says I can get it at Home Center for about 190,000 pesos.

I watched some NFL football.

At 8:15 I turned to the Bears vs Chiefs game.  I watched the beginning using the Slingbox and at 10am when Teresa finished her program, Septima Dia, I switched to Direct TV.  The Bears lost 26-3.  Sigh!

4 comments:

  1. Roku offers more apps and tonnes of free movies. It doesn't heat up like a firestick. I have tried Apple TV and Firestick and they both suck. The Roku control is much more intuitive and easier to use besides giving so many free apps. I have about 5 free apps with foreign movies - you won't be able to do these on Apple or Fire. Do yourself a favor and don't waste money on firestick. I subscribe to YoutubeTV ($50 per month) and get all the ESPN, fox cbs sports and others. I can watch any college conference. I also get all the local tv channels including (just added) PBS. I can play to my TVs anywhere and I can have up to six (I believe) tv's going on different programmes at the same time. You won't have these programs on fire and the apple remote is totally useless unless you use the iPhone app for controlling as a remote.
    A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you might have to install it in the states and then transport as you are allowed to do and thereby get the local channels (from the US - probably Chicago in your case) that you wish to have there.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the advice but too late, I already ordered it.

    ReplyDelete