Friday, December 20, 2019

Thursday, December 19, 2019


Last night I took a whole Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30.  I got up several times during the night, finally getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8:45 and took a bus to Poblado arriving at Envios Market by 9:15.  I picked up a small package and threw out another Capital One credit card offer.

I got the last seat on a Sabaneta bus, got off at Calle 40 Sur in Envigado and walked across the street to the used book store where I exchanged paperbacks for 2mil.

I stopped at a nearby paper store where I looked for a small notebook without lines for Teresa but no luck.

I stopped in my usual paper store but they didn’t have notebooks without lines nor a 2020 desk calendar.

I made an ATM withdrawal and paid the finca tax in Cotrafa.

I tried a new paper store called Seroja at Calle 35 Sur #43-20 but they didn’t have the notebook either.

I walked back to La Buena Mesa where I had a café con leche in Parva.

At 11am I returned to the apt and presented Teresa with my little gift – a Ta Ta towel which she loved.  If you don’t know what this is you’ll have to Google it.  I told her of my difficulties finding a notebook without lines and she said now she would take one with lines.

We were going to make oatmeal cookies this afternoon but Teresa wants to change it to tomorrow so she can meet with a friend this afternoon.  I said “fine”, I’ll probably go to a movie instead.  Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (6.8) is playing at 3:40 so maybe I’ll go see that.  Or Assimilate (5.6) is playing at 2:10 and 4:40 although it’s dubbed in Spanish so there won’t even be subtitles.

I left the apt at 2pm and walked to the mall.  I bought a ticket to Star Wars for 13,100 pesos.  I checked to see where the vanilla extract is in Exito then I found a notebook (this time with lines) in Dollar City.  In Cine Colombia I solved a few chess puzzles then 10 minutes before showtime I bought a small tub of popcorn.  
When the movie started I realized that it’s in 3D and I forgot to get glasses.  I went downstairs to the entrance to the Platinum room and bought/rented a pair for 2,800 pesos.

The movie was only okay.  I guess I’m tired of the Star Wars saga.  Sorry, Disney.  I know they just spent billions to acquire the Star Wars license.

I waited in line to buy the notebook and the bottle of vanilla extract and was back at the apt by 7:15.  I had already changed clothes when Teresa called me at 7:30 to tell me she was having trouble getting a taxi.  She called again at 7:45 and said she was going to take a bus and wanted me to meet her outside the church.  I understood she would call me when she was on the bus.  She called 5 minutes later and told me she’s outside Parva waiting for me.  I dressed and walked to Parva arriving at 8:15 and it had closed at 8pm.  While walking towards the church she told me she wanted chicken wings so I guess I was taking her to Go Wings.  She was on the phone with someone when we arrived at the church and she stopped me.  She then said she wanted to return to the apt so I have no idea why I left in the first place.

13,573 steps today.

Joke of the day
A young man from Nebraska moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.
The manager asks, "Do you have any sales experience?"
The kid replies, "Yeah, I was one of the best Bible salesmen back in Omaha."
The boss liked the kid and gave him the job.
"You can start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."
His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it.
After the store was locked up, the boss came down.
"How many customers bought something from you today?”
The kid responds, "One." The boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day.  How much was the sale for?"
"$101,237.65."
"$101,237.65? Holy Mother of Mary! What did you sell him?"
"First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then, I sold him a medium fish hook. Then, I sold him a larger fish hook. Then, I sold him a new fishing rod. Then, I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast. I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department, and I sold him a twin engine Boston Whaler. Then, he said he didn't think his car would pull it, so I took him down to the automobile department and sold him a 4x4 truck with all the bells and whistles."
"A guy came in here to buy a fish hook, and you sold him a boat and a truck?!"
"No, the guy came in here to buy feminine products for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot. You might as well go fishing.’"

No comments:

Post a Comment