Monday, December 16, 2019

Sunday, December 15, 2019


Last night I took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10:30 (boarderline though the temperature was, with a blanket), fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 6:45.

Today is one year from Teresa’s breast cancer surgery and she is doing very well although she often has to go for various doctor’s appointments.

I left the apt at 8am and walked up to Avenida Poblado.  I had to wait 10 minutes for a bus.  I got off at Parque Poblado and I walked about 4 blocks down the hill (west) and a block north to Ganso & Castor #2 at Carrera 43E #11A-30.  I arrived a couple minutes before 8:30 and Jooks and James were already there enjoying their coffee.

We all ordered our breakfasts and just after the food arrived, about 9am, the electricity went out.  (We found out later it was probably out in most of Poblado.)  About 10am we paid and walked up the hill to Pergamino Café #2 at Calle 10B #36-38 but it was closed, probably because it had no electricity.

We walked a block away to the Click Clack Hotel where we found their café open.  I’m guessing the hotel has a generator.

When we left I noticed most of the stoplights were out but luckily after we reached Envigado they were back on.

I stopped at Exito where I bought a new broom for Teresa and a package of microwave popcorn for my game.

I watched the Bears lose to the Packers 21-13 (it hurts to even write that)!  They still have 2 games to play this season but it is certain they won’t be in the playoffs.

We left the apt at 4:30 and took a taxi to Mayorista.  I helped Teresa find a few things and then went outside for my usual café con leche. 

We were back at the apt by 6:30.

7,191 steps today.

Joke of the day
A policeman is walking down the street one day when he notices a very small boy trying to press a doorbell on a house across the street.
However, the boy is very small and the doorbell is too high for him to reach.
After watching the boy's efforts for some time, the policeman moves closer to the boy's position.
He steps smartly across the street, walks up behind the little fellow and, placing his hand kindly on the child's shoulder leans over and gives the doorbell a solid ring.
Crouching down to the child's level, the policeman smiles benevolently and asks, "And now what, my little man?"
To which the boy replies, "Now we run!"

No comments:

Post a Comment