Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Tuesday, December 17, 2019


Last night I took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up 3 times during the night, finally waking/getting up just before 7:30.

Teresa pointed out a section of the TV news about tourism in La Guajira.  She still wants to go there some day.

I left the apt at 8am and on my way to the mall I realized I forgot my cellphone.  Egad!  I hate when I do that.

At Habia Una Vez I had their 10mil breakfast and Jose arrived about 9:15.  We had a café con leche and chatted a bit.

Upstairs in the food court we got our choice of tables as no one else was there.  I had Black in the first game and I felt I had a slight advantage but then I miscalculated something on the 17th move and I lost on time on the 31st move.  After reviewing the game we took turns ordering food from Frisby.  I had their Picanugys as usual.  

While eating lunch the television listed the cities with the worst traffic:
#4 – Mexico City, Mexico.
#3 – Bogota, Colombia.
#2 – Istanbul, Turkey.
#1 – Moscow, Russia.

I had White in the 2nd game and I played the London System.  He castled to the wrong side and I sacrificed a pawn and got a strong attack and I checkmated him on the 26th move.  (Later, back at home I did my usual “blunder check” on my moves in this 2nd game and for the first time it had no suggestions.)

He returned home and I returned to the apt.  Teresa was there and said the doctor reported everything is good.

I went to Parva where I had a café con leche and solved another set of 16 puzzles and read some of the latest news.

Back at the apt, in the evening we watched the movie Monster-in-Law (5.5) on Netflix.  Teresa loves Jennifer Lopez.

Teresa then got involved in watching a Colombian series on Netflix titled La Muneca de la Mafia starring the 70-year old Luz Gruzales (sp?) from Yo Me Llamo.

6,638 steps today.

Joke of the day
At a boat rental concession, the manager spots a boat out on a lake and yells through his megaphone, “Number 99, come in, please.  Your time is up.”  Several minutes pass, but the boat doesn’t return.  “Boat number 99,” he again hollers, “return to the dock immediately, or I’ll have to charge you overtime.”
“Something’s wrong, boss,” his assistant says.  “We only have 75 boats.”
The manager pauses, then raises his megaphone and says, “Boat number 66, are you OK?”

No comments:

Post a Comment