Thursday, December 12, 2019

Wednesday, December 11, 2019


Last night I took half a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30.  I got up once at 1:30 which tends to make it a long night.  Despite waking up several times I seemed to fall back asleep quickly finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

Teresa has an old friend in Caldas who is losing it and I understand with the help of a friend they are going to check her into a mental clinic.  That should keep her busy this morning.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the gym where I completed all my exercises in an hour and 15 minutes.

I know Teresa was concerned about encountering one of the demonstrations but she got a call and then said something about “a man” and “highway” and I understood, for whatever reason, she wouldn’t be going to the mental clinic today.

About 1:45 we heard a loud peal of thunder and Teresa said I should get going before the heavy rain starts.  I dressed and left the apt and found Chuck, Walter, and Bart at Na Pizza.  By then it was raining hard.  (And I realized I had left the apt so quickly I forgot my cellphone.)  While chatting with them Juan arrived on his motorcycle completely covered in a plastic raincoat.  I said goodbye to the guys and went next door to Parva where I had my 2-hour Spanish lesson.

Luckily the rain had stopped about 30 minutes into the lesson.  Juan mentioned that his old laptop can’t handle the Windows 10 OS that he has installed so he’s going to reinstall it with Windows 8.  After we finished Juan left with the agreement we would meet again next week, same time, same place.

I picked up 2 bags of milk on the way back to the apt.

I received an email from Envios Market that I have a package and document waiting for pickup.

I completed a couple Spanish lessons on Rosetta Stone.

5,841 steps today.

Joke of the day
“I don’t like country music, but I don’t mean to denigrate those who do. And for those who like country music, denigrate means to ‘put down.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment