Friday, December 13, 2019

Thursday, December 12, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep rather quickly, got up once about 4am, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7am.

Teresa is going to pick up her calcium medication near Mayorca and then pick up the finca tax bill in Caldas.  She will call me later about meeting for lunch.

I left the apt at 8:45 and took a bus to Envios Market where I picked up my December Reader’s Digest and Chess Life magazines.  I also paid 29,800 pesos for a package which contained the password book, 3-way taps and ear cleaner I had ordered from Amazon.

I took a bus back to Envigado and stopped in Prada for coffee where I solved another page of chess puzzles.

On my way back to the apt a waitress at Na Pizza said “hello”.  I didn’t realize she spoke English.  That explains why she was laughing so much yesterday when we were chatting.

The words “Factura vencida, realiza tu pago” just appeared on the TV screen which translates to “Overdue invoice, make your payment.”  Well, if they would send me a bill without our having to call them first, I would be able to pay it sooner.

Teresa called me just after 1pm to tell me she was still waiting for her medicine and I should go to lunch alone.

I walked to the mall and recycled a pill bottle and a AA battery.  I wanted to have lunch at Sarku’s but all the tables were taken and there was a line so instead I had a burger at Best Burger.  I made a withdrawal from an ATM then went downstairs for coffee at Todo Fresa.  I read some from my Chess Life magazine.  I left at 4pm and paid the Une and epm bills in Exito and the Direct TV bill at Baloto.

I was back at the apt by 4:45.

Teresa informed me that tomorrow she’s going to Bello with Esmeralda.

9,255 steps today.

Joke of the day
A Bible study group was talking about what they would do in the event that their death was imminent. 
The leader of the discussion said, "If we all knew when we would die, we would better prepare ourselves and use our time better ahead of the event."
Everybody nodded their heads in agreement with this comment.
Then the leader said to the group, "What would you do if you knew you only had four weeks of life remaining before your death, and then the Great Judgment Day?"
A gentleman said, "I would go out into my community and spread the Gospel to those that have not yet accepted the Lord into their lives."
"Very good," said the group leader, and all the group members agreed that would be a very good thing to do.
One lady spoke up and said enthusiastically, "I would dedicate all of my remaining time to serving God, my family, my church, and my fellow man with a greater conviction."
"That's wonderful!" the group leader commented, and all the group members agreed, that would be a very good thing to do.
But one gentleman in the back finally spoke up loudly and said, "I would go to my mother-in-law's house for the 4 weeks."
Everyone was puzzled by this answer, and the group leader ask, "Why your mother-in-law's home?"
Then the gentleman smiled sarcastically and said, "Because, that would be the longest 4 weeks of my life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment