Sunday, December 1, 2019

Saturday, November 30, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 3:15, again at 6:30, finally getting up at 7:45.

We have a large television stand taking up space in the garage storage area.  I tried to convince Teresa that, like now, the old television will always be mounted to a wall so we can dispose of the stand but she wouldn’t agree.  Sigh!

I left the apt at 9am and walked to the mall.  First at Auros I had a letter to my bank printed, signed, scanned, and converted to a .pdf file.

I went to Cine Colombia and it appeared it was only partially open - for employees.  I asked a security guard when I could buy tickets and he pointed to the nearby computers.  Using my Platinum card I easily purchased a preferred ticket to today’s 3:30 showing of Knives Out for 10,500.  (I texted Jooks and found out he bought tickets yesterday for tonight’s 6:30pm showing.)

I went downstairs to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche while I solved some more chess puzzles.

I received a text message from Juan Castro, something about his being back in town so maybe he’ll be returning my graded notebook soon.

I left at 11:15 and picked up 2 bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

Teresa had already left.  I understand her mother wanted to go shopping at Mayorca today.  Tomorrow she says she’s going to the finca to check on it and show it to a woman who wants to rent it for the month of December.

I left the apt at 12:15 and arrived at the Percimon the same time as Chuck was arriving.  He had a stranger with him, a gringo from Chicago named Bart.  We all had pizza at Na Pizza.  We had their lunch special – pizza and a drink for 19,900.  It’s only supposed to be for weekdays but the owner let us order it anyway.

We went next door to Parva where we all had coffee.

We all left at 2:30.  They were headed to Parque Envigado and I walked down to the mall.

I had 30 minutes to kill before the start of the movie.  Ten minutes before showtime I got in line for popcorn.  I got a small as usual but this time I had it made half and half – with sugar on the bottom half and with salt on the top half.  I finished the salty half and only got a little into the sweet half when I quickly tired of the taste.  It’s not exactly the same as caramel corn.  Teresa mistakenly called me during the movie and I had to shut off my cellphone to avoid bothering others.

I thought the movie was very good.  Cine Colombia was getting very crowded as I left.

I called Teresa then returned to the apt.  Teresa asked me where I was.  Once again she forgot I told her I’m going to see a movie this afternoon.  Teresa informed me that the woman who wanted to rent the finca doesn’t answer her calls so she’s not sure if she will be going to the finca tomorrow or not.

At night there appeared to be some kind of a party going on nearby and it was still going on when we went to bed.

10,104 steps today.

Joke of the day
An elderly man visited the doctor for a checkup. "Mr. Smith, you’re in great shape," said the doctor afterward. "How do you do it?" 
"Well," said Mr. Smith, "I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, and the good Lord looks out for me. For weeks now, every time I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, he turns the light on for me." 
Concerned, the doctor found Mrs. Smith in the waiting room and told her what her husband had said. 
 "I don’t think that’s anything to worry about," she said. "And on the bright side, it does explain who’s been peeing in the fridge."

No comments:

Post a Comment