Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Tuesday, December 10, 2019


Last night we went to bed at 10:30, I fell asleep quickly but was rudely awakened at 4am by my cellphone alarm going off.  
Thankfully, I was able to turn it off easily.  (Now I have to ensure it doesn’t happen again tomorrow morning.)  Teresa got up to work on emptying herself for this morning’s colonoscopy.  Unfortunately, even with my eyemask, I wasn’t able to get to sleep quickly nor deeply after that, finally getting up at 8am.  She told me she was up and down all night.

Teresa suggested we make cookies for the porteros (guards) for Christmas.  I thought that was a great idea.  I was thinking of giving them 20mil each in a Christmas card.  I might do both.
We left the apt at 10am and in heavy traffic we arrived at the clinic on Calle 7 at 10:30 for her 10:40 appontment.  We started in one waiting room where she checked in then moved to a second where I paid 250mil for her procedure and then to a third where we really waited.  She was called at 11:05 and I went to a recovery room where I thought I was to wait.  Obviously I went there too early as a nurse soon chased me back to the 1st waiting room.  

About 11:45 I thought I heard her name called over the PA system so I went back to the recovery room.  A nurse finally took me to her bed/station which is just an emergency room type  bed location surrounded by curtains and she was attached to electronics by this device on her finger.  Initially she looked pretty pale put she pinked up over time.  After about 10 minutes she woke up and asked me when she is getting her colonoscopy.  I tried to convince her that it was already over.  She would drift off and wake up several times over the next half hour.  Finally she woke up and they moved her to a chair in the recovery room.  A nurse talked to her awhile then I paid 80mil for her biopsy results.

Downstairs we went outside to their patio where we had a nice lunch – Mexican salad and juice for her and Cesar salad and Te Hatsu for me.

I’m sure she felt very tired as she changed her original plan to go shopping at SantaFe mall and we took a taxi back to the apt.  We both slept for the next 2 hours.

At 4pm it started raining hard but it only lasted about 20 minutes.
At 4:30 I hurriedly got dressed to meet Chuck to go to the gringo meetup only to realize I was an hour early.

I left the apt at 5:30 and met Chuck and his stepson Walter outside Otra Parte.  We took a taxi to Sabaneta and the streets closest to the park were blocked off so we had to walk the last couple blocks.  The park is really impressive with their 5,000,000 Christmas lights.  Mercado de Sabaneta was just a little over a block away.

I saw Bart, Glenn, Ron, Jerry and others I know.  I briefly talked to a couple from Denver, Colorado who are visiting.  I ran into Jeff and asked him about getting a visitor’s visa for Teresa.  His opinion was to just file an application online without paying for a lawyer.
I met Johan Almanza 314 500 9118 passing out business cards who does Spanish lessons and translation services.

We left about 8:30.  Walking through the park I asked several salesmen selling DVDs if they had Ayer (Yesterday).  The answer is always no.  Walter showed me how to download Claro Video on my cellphone for free and incredibly the first movie I saw advertised was Yesterday!  I understand it’s free as long as I use it with wifi.

We walked a couple blocks away and soon were in a taxi back to Envigado.

I finished reading Michael Connelly’s Dark Sacred Night on my Nook.

4,837 steps today.

Joke of the day
Today I opened a new email account.  I always use the same password: "cabbage". It's easy to remember. But it seems the computer had other plans...
Please enter your new password:
"cabbage"
Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.
"boiled cabbage"
Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.
"1 boiled cabbage"
Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.
"50bloodyboiledcabbages"
Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.
"50BLOODYboiledcabbages"
Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.
"50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourArse,IfYouDon'tGiveMeAccessNow”
Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.
“ReallyPissedOff50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourArseIfYouDontGiveMeAccessNow”
Sorry, that password is already in use!

No comments:

Post a Comment