Friday, December 6, 2019

Thursday, December 5, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 5:15, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Teresa showed me some product made by Nestle.  I told her it’s an American company and she said “no, it’s made in Bogota.”  I said, “yes, but it’s owned by an American.”  Actually, I found out later that we were both wrong, it’s a Swiss owned company.

I met Nigel at Aymara at 9am.  Sitting at the next table were 8 ladies who have known each other since grade school - 50 years ago.  It looked like they were meeting to exchange little Christmas presents. Nigel and I chatted for 2 ½ hours. 

Back at the apt I was watching The Green Mile when Teresa called me at 12:30.  She said let’s meet at DoSabores for lunch at 1:15.  She called me back at 12:45 and asked me to meet her there now.  I told her to give me 20 minutes.

After lunch she went to get her nails down and I walked to Parva.  I solved a few chess problems when Brett walked in.  We chatted for some time.  He said he contacted someone about advanced Spanish lessons.

Teresa called me from the apt and asked where I was.  I told her I was at Parva.  I understood she walked by but didn’t look inside so didn’t see me in the corner.

Brett left and I hung around a little longer before returning to the apt.

Teresa showed me a .pdf file on her cellphone which contains instructions for medication before her colonoscopy next Monday.  I couldn’t figure out how to move it to my email and still preserved the .pdf format so hopefully it can be printed directly from her cellphone.

Tomorrow Teresa has to have her mother at a (nearby) clinic at 6am for her eye surgery (for cataracts) at 7am.  Yikes! 

I told her not to worry as the eye surgery I had 10 years ago in the US was much more complicated than what she’s getting.  I never qualified for lasik surgery due to: 1) my advanced age, 2) my thin corneas, 3) my high myopia, so instead I had my lenses replaced with multi focal lenses.  One of the best decisions I ever made.

The game didn’t start here until 8:20pm here but I watched the Chicago Bears defeat the Dallas Cowboys 31-24.  They are definitely looking better on offense but at 7-6 still need help to make the playoffs.

6,821 steps today.

Joke of the day
The wife has just taken a shower and comes out wrapped in a towel, still shy being a newlywed.
"Well, I've seen you naked. You don't need that towel," says the husband.
"I just feel more comfortable this way," the wife responds.
"But I want to take a picture of you in your natural state," continues the husband.
The wife gets suspicious and asks what the husband would do with the photo.
"I'll put in my wallet and always keep it close to my heart," he responds, and takes his picture, then heads for the shower himself.
He returns clean but also wrapped in a towel.
"Why are you wearing that towel now - I want a photo of you in return," demands the wife.
The husband does as he's told, the photo is taken and they check the result in their digital camera.
"What will you do with this photo of me, then?" asks the husband.
The wife takes a good look at her husband, then the photo, then husband again.
"I think I'll have it ENLARGED." 

No comments:

Post a Comment