Monday, December 2, 2019

Sunday, December 1, 2019


Last night we went to bed at 10:30 and there were on-again off-again fireworks throughout the night.  (Maybe one of the local teams won the semi-annual football championship.)  I got up at 1:30 and again at 5:30.  I heard loud voices coming from somewhere across the street so I gave up getting back to sleep and I got up at 6:30.

Teresa finally reached the woman this morning and they’re going to the finca at 2:30 this afternoon.

I left the apt at 7:45 and walked up to Avenida Poblado.  My wait for a bus was a little longer than usual – 7-10 minutes.  Traffic was very light and we soon arrived at Parque Poblado.  It was only 8am so I walked up Calle 7 arriving at Ganso & Castor Café by 8:10.  I found a table outside and texted Jooks.  He texted me and said he was in the back.  Inside I found him and we moved to the outside table.

We chatted until about 10:30 and he took a taxi back to Sabaneta.  I walked down the street to Los Souvlakis but I found it closed.  I walked eown to Avenida Poblado and then realized that Ciclovia was still in progress so there would be no southbound buses.

I walked down to Avenida Las Vegas where I found a Sabaneta bus waiting.  I returned to the apt.

Teresa told me that the woman called and she will be meeting her at 2:30 to go to the finca.

I left the apt again at 1:30 and walked up to Avenida Poblado.  Again it was about a 10 minute wait for a bus – probably because its Sunday.  I see that they are building a plaza in front of the grotto shrine.  I got off at Santafe mall and took an elevator up to the 5th floor.  I bought a general seating ticket to Midway for 10,500 pesos.  I went to their food court to get something to eat but there were so many people it felt hot and stuffy so I changed my mind.  I waited about 45 minutes then bought a small popcorn and small Coke.  There was maybe a dozen other people in the theater and it was quite cold.  The movie was good but not great.  I thought the Japanese aircraft carriers were sunk at the battle of the Coral Sea not Midway but maybe I’m wrong or they combined the two.

I left the theater and quickly caught a Sabaneta bus back to Envigado.  When I got off I called Teresa and she was still at the finca so I walked the block to Parva where I had a café con leche.
Teresa returned to the apt at 9:15 and told me the lady wants to rent the finca for the month of December and then they went to Sabaneta where she treated Teresa to something to eat and they had something to drink while enjoying the Christmas lights of the town.

9,791 steps today.

Joke of the day
An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. 
The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, "Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great, I would recommend it very highly." 
The other man said, "What is the name of the restaurant?" 
The first man thought and thought and finally said, "What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know, the one that's red and has thorns?" 
"Do you mean a rose?" 
"Yes, that's the one," replied the man.
He then turned toward the kitchen and yelled, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?"

No comments:

Post a Comment