Sunday, December 29, 2019

Saturday, December 28, 2019


Last night I took half a Zopiclona and went to bed at 11pm but I still got up 3 times during the night.  Sigh!  Obviously I have yet to find the perfect combination.

Teresa told me that today in Colombia it’s the equivalent of April Fools Day in the US.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to Carbon de Leña where I had my usual breakfast.  I had some chess notes printed across the street at the paper store, I went to Todo Drogas where I bought 12 boxes of Femelle 20 CD for Laura for 288mil, I paid the finca utility bill at Cotrafa and I looked, but didn’t find, the young man in Claro who speaks English.  I bought an avocado for 4mil for our lunch at a stand across the street, I walked a block to the new paper store where I found a 2020 desk calendar for 5mil, and I caught an Envigado bus to Parque Poblado.  At Envios Market the kiosk window was open but nobody was there.  They returned 10 minutes later and I had the 12 boxes (1/4 pound? kilo?) sent to Laura via Fed-Ex for 150mil.  I also paid the box rental for January.  Outside I soon caught a bus back to Envigado arriving back at the apt by 10:30.  Teresa informed me that the avocado won’t be ripe until tomorrow.

I realize now I forgot to tell the guy at Todo Drogas I wanted to pay in pesos.  Now I can see they stuck on the extra 3.5% charge to pay in dollars.  Aaargh!

Teresa is going to visit her friend Olga tonight so I’ll probably see the 5:15 showing of Judy (7.1).

My checking account now shows a withdrawal for the 4k Fire Stick so I guess the purchase finally went through.

I left the apt at 4pm and walked to the mall, I had some chess notes printed, I bought a preferred seating ticket to Judy for 12,700, I recycled a battery in Home Center then solved a few chess puzzles in Cine Colombia’s Platinum room.  I bought a small popcorn and small soda for 13,900.  I checked my receipt and noticed I have accumulated 2,515 points that I believe I can use to purchase tickets or items at the concession stand.  I’ll have to remember that for next time.  Judy was only so-so in my book.

On my cellphone I saw a review for Uncut Gems (8.1) that I guess I missed because it opened Christmas Day.  It’s gotten great reviews so I hope it comes here.

I finished solving a page of 16 chess puzzles and was about to leave the mall when I had an inspiration.  I went up to the 3rd floor where I had a café con leche with a slice of carrot cake for 10,800 pesos.  That’s about $3.35.  That would probably cost me at least $10 in the States, am I right?

I walked back to the apt arriving at 8:30.  Teresa was still out.

I watched another episode of Mindhunter.

Teresa returned at 9:30 and told me that only 4 ladies showed up but they all loved the Biscotti cookies, especially Olga’s husband.  We still have 6-7 of them left but after they are gone its time to make some more oatmeal cookies.

We had a short rain one day in the last two weeks so I guess the rainy season is officially over.  Also, the highs are creeping up from 80/81 degrees to 85/86 degrees.  The mornings and evenings are cool but, at least for me, the afternoons are hot.

11,038 steps.

Joke of the day
A rather attractive woman goes up to the bar in a quiet rural pub. She gestures alluringly to the barman who comes over immediately.
When he arrives, she seductively signals that he should bring his face close to hers.
When he does so, she begins to gently caress his beard, which is full and bushy.
"Are you the manager?" she asks, softly stroking his face with both hands.
"Actually, no," he replies.
"Can you get him for me? I need to speak to him." she asks, running her hands up beyond his beard and into his hair.
"I'm afraid I can't" breathes the barman, evidently getting a bit hot under the collar by this point. "Is there anything I can do?"
"Yes there is. I need you to give him a message," she continues huskily, touching his lips. 
"Tell him," she says, "that there is no toilet paper or hand soap in the ladies' room."

No comments:

Post a Comment