Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Monday, December 23, 2019


Last night I took a whole Zopiclona and went to bed at 11:30.  I woke up once at 5am, Teresa got up what seemed to be a few minutes later and she woke me at 7:20.

 I left the apt at 8am and walked to the mall.  I recycled a shampo bottle then had some chess notes printed.  At Habia Una Vez I had just ordered breakfast when Jose showed up.

He had coffee, we chatted a bit then went upstairs to the empty food court.

I had White in the first game and I played The London System.  I sacrificed a couple pieces for a strong attack against his king and he resigned on the 42nd move.  My attack was one I had recently seen on a chess video.

For lunch he had a sandwich from Q’Bano and I had the chicken nuggets in BBQ sauce with fries, coleslaw and a mango juice from Frisby.  By this time the food court was packed with nary an empty table.

I had Black in the second game and early he sacrificed a piece for a strong attack, I hadn’t castled and he had a passed pawn coming at my king.  Somehow I hung on and was up a couple knights for a couple pawns and around the 55th move he said he was going to let me practice mating him which I did on the 78th move.  That was a long game.

Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve beaten him twice in a row, let alone on the same day.  He complimented me by saying that my play has improved greatly of late.  He said he would just try not to make a mistake and wait for me to blunder but he can’t do that anymore.

He left and I went to Home Center looking for a Fire Stick.  I finally found an associate who led me to them but they weren’t the 4k version so I passed on buying it.

In Todo Fresa I had a café con leche while solving another set of 16 puzzles.

About 6pm I returned to the apt.

I used Amazon to order a 4k Fire Stick.

Tomorrow we’re going to Pricesmart early to buy turkey for our Christmas dinner.

I see Cats (2.6) only made 10 million worldwide over the weekend which won’t be enough to recoup its budget of 95 million.  Some of the reviews say it’s the worst movie of the year, if not of all time.

We watched a couple more episodes of Dirty Harry on Netflix.

15,963 steps.  That was for 2 days as I forgot to reset it this morning.

Joke of the day
A man goes into a pet shop to buy a parrot. The shop owner points to three identical looking parrots on a perch and says, "The parrot on the left costs $500." 
"Why does the parrot cost so much?" asks the customer. The owner says, "Well, the parrot knows how to do legal research."
The customer then asks about the next parrot, to be told that this one costs $1,000 because it can do everything the other parrot can do plus it knows how to write a brief that will win any case.
Naturally, the increasingly startled customer asks about the third parrot, to be told that it costs $4,000. Needless to say, this aroused the question, "What can it do?" To which the owner replies, "To be honest, I've never seen him do a darn thing, but the other two call him Senior Partner."

No comments:

Post a Comment