Saturday, September 11, 2021

Friday, September 10, 2021

Recovery Day #75!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 3am, went to the bathroom, returned to bed, got up at 4:30, went to the bathroom, got up at 6:30, went to the bathroom, then started my day.

I left the apt just before 8am and even though it was slow through the construction area I was early for my 9am breakfast with Jim. I got out a block from Parque Envigado and took my time walking to Sere restaurant. I sat down and ten minutes later a waitress asked if I wanted to order. I told her I would wait five minutes for my brother. He soon arrived and twenty minutes later no one had come for our order so we walked down two blocks to the new Hija Mia at the Nomada hotel.

We waited at the counter for five minutes for a table to become available. It was a small table but sufficient for just the two of us. I had the banana waffle again (20mil) and this time the raspberries soon thawed but they were too bitter to eat. I made a trip to the restroom to pee, and it burned again. My total bill with tip came to 36mil ($9.50).

We left about 11am and walked up to Avenida Poblado where I quickly found an Envigado bus. A “bus vendor” got on the bus with a grocery bag, went through a routine of spraying his hands, then took out plastic shrink wrapped rolls of gum and sweets to sell for 1mil each. I called Teresa and asked if she wanted me to pick up lunch for her. Maybe later she said. In Parva I made a trip to the restroom and this time it didn’t burn.

Teresa called to inform me she was going to make herself fish so I could eat whenever I wanted.

I returned to the apt and saw that six hours after I put on my AD I was still mainly dry. Yay! I think I’m moving from drenching my AD closer to the dripping stage.

The portero knocked on our door and handed me two envelopes. They were addressed correctly for our apt but addressed to Dominick Pillot and was sent from Foreign Medical Program in Denver, Colorado. I guess if the portero can’t help me forward it I’ll open one and see if I can contact the sender.

I finally changed my AD at 4:30 then went to take a nap. Teresa came in and woke me up at 5:15 and told me not to sleep too much or I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight. I told her I’ve only been in bed 45 minutes (and probably asleep for 30) and she said she thought I had been in bed for two hours. Too late now! I got up.

The TV screen displayed the message, “Factura vencida, realiza tu pago” aka “overdue invoice, make your payment”. They’ll just have to wait until the 13th as usual.

I lucked out again against Michael. He was beating me but blundered a Rook in the endgame. It’s not so important I beat him as I only gain 1 point but on the other hand I lose a lot of points when I lose to him.

We got some rain in the evening.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 148,538 ð 147,816 ð 145,666 new cases and 1,537 ð 1,579 ð 1,642 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,787 ð 1,803 ð 1,772 new cases with 49 ð 53 ð 49 new deaths.  Medellin has 201 ð 232 ð 238 new cases from September 9th to 10th. Envigado has 9 ð 10 ð 14 new cases from September 9th to 10th.

T-shirt of the day

Rebel capitalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment