Monday, September 6, 2021

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Recovery Day #70!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 1:15 (still drizzling) to use the bathroom, did some work on the computer, returned to bed at 2:15 (still drizzling), got up again at 4am (stopped drizzling) for a trip to the bathroom, returned to bed, woke/got up at 6am.

I don’t think the new (Classic) ADs are good for nighttime or on the road. I think I’ll just use them when I’m at home.

I took my shower, shaved, did some more work on the computer, dressed and left the apt at 8am. I met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station across from Otra Parte. We quickly caught a taxi to El Poblado and got out at the bus stop on the other side of Calle 10. We walked the 6 blocks to the new Hia Mija restaurant on the main floor of the hotel Nomada with some outdoor patio seating. Steve was already there we just needed to borrow a chair from another table for Jim. There was some discussion between us and the waiter about the two restaurant locations, and unknown to me, Steve left in a huff. I thought he was going to the restroom, but Glenn told me he left for good. Jim showed up 5 minutes later. I had a delicious Belgian banana waffle with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and walnuts along with 2 café con leches for a total of 27mil ($7.20). It wasn’t just the taste of the food but the presentation for all of our dishes was pretty special.



A street vendor came by with fresh strawberries and I bought a bag of about 2# for 20mil.

We left about 10:30, Jim went to check out a laundry service and Glenn and I caught a taxi back to Envigado. They got out at Jumbo as usual and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I bought 6 Red Delicious apples, 3 bags of milk, and a package of Ultra pañeles and returned to the apt by taxi.

I may not see Jim tomorrow as he’s thinking of going to El Retiro and I don’t want to be out on the road that long.

I’m considering going to El Poblado with Glenn tomorrow to have a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich for lunch.

We had a little rain in the evening.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 163,667 ð 160,901 ð 161,327 new cases and 1,550 ð 1,544 ð 1,559 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,850 ð 2,099 ð 1,669 new cases with 61 ð 72 ð 48 new deaths.  Medellin has 294 ð 227 ð 226  new cases from September 4th to 5th. Envigado has 12 ð 10 ð 2 new cases from September 4th to 5th.

T-shirt of the day

Unrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment