Thursday, September 2, 2021

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Recovery Day #66!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm (drizzling), fell asleep quickly, got up at 2:45am (still drizzling) and made a trip to the bathroom, did some writing to my blog notes, returned to bed at 3:15. I got up again at 5am, made a trip to the bathroom, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Esmeralda helped me to order more eye drops from Serfamed (new phone# 604 412 9677) for 92,200. I put 100mil in an envelope and she gave it to the portero.

I called USAA bank and confirmed there was no problem with my debit card.

Esmeralda picked up lunch at Asados Rogelio for the two of us.

Teresa had a spoonful of soup.

I left the apt at 3pm and walked to the mall where I got my usual haircut for 65mil. I tried paying for it with my Citibank card and this time I realized what was holding up the transaction – it wanted a Pin#.

I had coffee in Santa Lena then went into Exito to buy coffee. We usually buy Nescafe decaffeinated but I couldn’t find that brand in decaf. A salesgirl took note of my problem and went in the back and came out with a bottle for me. That was nice!

I had to wait in a line for 10-15 minutes to catch a taxi back to the apt.

I chatted with Citibank and getting/changing my pin number isn’t going to be that easy.

Regarding the rent payments for the apartment: I showed Teresa the handwritten note she gave me months ago where I am to start paying 30,166 pesos more starting October 31st. She talked to the agency and I now understand I am to pay 68,625 more for June, July, and August (205,875 total to be paid ASAP), then 1,874,275 for September and 1,904,460 for October and all following months for the next year. (And this is the same agency that won’t fix our leaky toilet or hot water heater that doesn’t work properly.)

In the evening it was good to see Teresa eat some solid food. Not a lot but the amount was very encouraging, and she didn’t seem to have any negative reaction to it.

I finished a game against a new opponent, Madcapab, whose rating is the same as mine. I had White and it ended in a draw; I know I messed up my 4th move and I had to hold on from there.

My brother Jim arrived in the Rionegro airport on time. Later he was chilling out at his hotel with a drink and listening to music.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 158,946 ð 160,041 ð 166,080 new cases and 1,348 ð 1,345 ð 1,418 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,006 ð 1,822 ð 1,996 new cases with 72 ð 62 ð 71 new deaths.  Medellin has 121 ð 267 ð 318 new cases from August 31st to September 1st. Envigado has 10 ð 14 ð 8 new cases from August 31st to September 1st.

T-shirt of the day

Hogwarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment