Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Monday, September 6, 2021

Recovery Day #71!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at midnight to use the bathroom, returned to bed, got up about every hour thereafter through 5am, finally waking just before 7am.

Teresa soon left for her 8am doctor’s appointment.

I put in my medical eye drops, did my Kegel exercises, took my shower, did some work on the computer, shaved, dressed and left for the mall. (I was thinking of having breakfast at El Palitos and then coffee at Parva but luckily I remembered that the latter is closed Mondays.)

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall. I had my usual breakfast at Habia Una Vez, printed some chess notes at Auros then had coffee at Santa Leña. Teresa called and asked me to pick up more catfish and diet jello for her. I left about 11am, picked up the things in Exito and took a taxi back to the apt. The last couple blocks before McDonald’s I saw several army soldiers in helmets, body armor and semi-automatic rifles standing on the sidewalks. No idea what that was about.

I can’t find my USB drive. I’m pretty sure the girl gave it back to me. Hmmm!

Originally, I had put on shorts but I then went out on the balcony and it was only 76 degrees so I changed into jeans and a t-shirt. I put my hand in the pocket and found my USB drive. (When I checked it earlier it was on the hanger and I can only guess that the end of the pocket was on the other side of the hanger bar so I didn’t feel it.)

I left the apt at 1pm and met Glenn at the gas station five minutes later. We quickly caught a taxi and construction traffic wasn’t too bad so we arrived at Philly’s Cheesesteak (Carrera 43B #8-51 by 1:30. The restaurant has only been open three weeks and the owner, Carmen, is from Philadelphia. Besides the signature dish they also have chicken wings and smash burgers. I didn’t know whether to go with the provolone cheese option or the American cheese so I just went with Glenn’s selection of provolone. He took one bite and it was obvious he wasn’t pleased. He didn’t care for the meat but I couldn’t taste it due to the strong flavor of the cheese. Next time I’ll get it with American cheese. Jim didn’t order anything which was fortunate for him as the owner brought out some complimentary chicken wings.

Jim left and Glenn and I walked to Las Fabrykas for coffee. (It started raining lightly while we were there.) I also had a chocolate éclair and he bought a few things to go. We met a gringo named Leo from New Jersey and we talked about technology and Colombia’ traffic problem. When we left we quickly caught a taxi but the driver wasn’t happy when Bianca got on the seat with her wet paws. It was a bit of a struggle, but Glenn finally got her on the floor. Traffic was slow but not horrible and they got out at Sao Paolo mall and I continued on to the apt.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 160,901 ð 161,327 ð 132,135 new cases and 1,544 ð 1,559 ð 1,385 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,099 ð 1,669 ð 1,124 new cases with 72 ð 48 ð 53 new deaths.  Medellin has 227 ð 226 ð 87 new cases from September 5th to 6th. Envigado has 10 ð 2 ð 7 new cases from September 5th to 6th.

T-shirt of the day

I went to a party at HARVARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment