Saturday, September 11, 2021

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Recovery Day #74!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 2:15, went to the bathroom, did some work on the computer, returned to bed at 3:15, got up again at 6am to use the bathroom. I woke up at 8am, put in my eyedrops and did my Kegel exercises while still in bed.

I left the apt at 10am and the portero called a taxi for me. I know about 5 places to turn off Avenida Poblado to go to El Tesoro and he showed me a 5th. He first went down to Avenida Las Vegas then up Calle 1. (I’ve come down that way numerous times from the mall but don’t recall going up that way.) I arrived at Torre Medica 1 by 10:30 and Jim arrived five minutes later. He was short on cash so we took a few minutes to find an ATM in the mall.

We arrived at the reception desk for Urogine in Torre Medica 1 right at 11am. There was some disagreement as to whether I had already paid or not. (Later I checked my bank accounts and I hadn’t. My bad!) I paid the 89mil for today’s physiotherapy session and the physiotherapist came out and guided us in back. I was led to a small room where I changed from my street clothes to a regular (drafty) hospital gown (without my AD). In the therapy room I was asked a number of questions about my medical history and what medications I’m taking. Her name, interestingly enough, was Maria Alzate. She guided me through some additional exercises, told me to drink 5 glasses of water a day, and connected two electrodes to my butt cheeks. She turned up the electricity a little and asked me to squeeze my muscle when I felt it and to relax when I didn’t. We made appointments for two more sessions on Wednesday, September 22nd at noon and Wednesday, September 29th at 11:30.

We took a taxi down to Parque Poblado where we had lunch again at Philly’s Cheesesteak. This time I had the sandwich with American cheese and it was much better.

Teresa called and asked me to ick up lunch for her from Asados Rogelio. She wants soup not frijoles and she would prefer lentil soup.

Jim left to go back to his hotel and I entered Auros to print some notes. The lady at the front desk gave me the number C905 and directed me to the back. I sat down with five others and after waiting five minutes I told myself I don’t have time for this. I left and quickly cught a bus back to Envigado although it wa slow through the construction area.

 

Today the restaurant wasn’t busy and the soup of the day is ajiaco. I called Teresa so she could could discuss it with them but of course she didn’t answer either time. I got the Ajiaco with carne molida to go for her and the chicken breast as usual for me. Teresa told me she would eat it later so I don’t now what the rush was.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 152,393 ð 148,538 ð 147,816 new cases and 1,499 ð 1,537 ð 1,579 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,637 ð 1,787 ð 1,803 new cases with 47 ð 49 ð 53 new deaths.  Medellin has 218 ð 201 ð 232 new cases from September 8th to 9th. Envigado has 3 ð 9 ð 10 new cases from September 8th to 9th.

T-shirt of the day

Long weekends are like my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment