Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Monday, September 27, 2021

Recovery Day #92!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up four times during the night the last time being at 6:45, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8:45. Wow, 11 hours. Is that how much sleep I really need to overcome the fact that I get up 4 times during the night?

I left the apt at 10:30 and walked to the mall. I printed some chess notes, recycled a plastic bottle then went to the banking area. I easily withdrew 2,000,000 pesos ($537) but with my next attempt I received the message “Excede cup disponible para retiro”, which didn’t sound good. I had coffee in Santa Leña then tried the Banco Caja Social ATM which gave me a “you have exceeded your withdrawal amount” message. I returned to the apt by taxi with my 2 million pesos.

I was on the phone for quite a while with Citibank. I learned my ATM limit was set to $600 a day. I requested it to be set to $1500 a day and when I get the cash I need I can call and change it back again.  Then they had to further confirm my identity. They sent me a SMS code that again I couldn’t receive to my cellphone. I even tried using my MagicJack landline number with my recently downloaded MagicJack app but that didn’t work either. I told the rep I continually have this problem and there must be another way to confirm my identity. He checked with his superior then asked me three security questions that I answered easily. As long as he’s changing my maximum daily limit, I asked him to please send me the debit card I requested a few days ago. 😊 Finally, all is good to go.

Ribs for lunch again today. Drat! 😊

A little more googling about Citicoline turned this up:

“Researchers who conducted the Italian VITA and IDEALE studies, propose that citicoline administration of at least 6 months is required to observe its greatest neuroprotective effects.”

I googled “Itialian VITA and IDEALE studies” and found:

“Conclusion: In this study, citicoline was effective and well tolerated in patients with mild vascular cognitive impairment. Citicoline activates biosynthesis of phospholipids in neuronal membranes, increases brain metabolism as well as norepinephrine and dopamine levels in the central nervous system, and has neuroprotective effects during hypoxia and ischemia. Therefore, citicoline may be recommended for patients with mild vascular cognitive impairment.”

Sounds encouraging!

I took a little nap after my 4pm AD change.

I ate the last Mu rib for supper; and then a red delicious apple.

Teresa finally relented and gave me the remaining 2,680,000 pesos in cash which I will repay soon.

I still occasionally have a little bunning sensation when I pee but not as bad as before, just enough to give me a little goosebumps on my arms.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 120,704 ð 119,883  ð 117,966 new cases and 2,034 ð 2,031 ð 2,052 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,740 ð1,422 ð 1,015 new cases with 34 ð 43  ð 33 new deaths.  Medellin has 238 ð 202 ð 112 new cases from September 26th to 27th. Envigado has 7 ð 6 ð 2 new cases from September 26th to 27th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Fear no one.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, thanks for the additional information about Citicoline. Yes, sounds like it is worthwhile to take it.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete