Sunday, September 5, 2021

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Recovery Day #69!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at 12:45 to use the bathroom, changed my AD, did some work on the computer, and returned to bed at 1:30. I got up once or twice more to pee, finally waking/getting up at 7:45am.

I left the apt at 11am and walked to Viva Envigado where I bought 4 pieces of catfish for Teresa and a package of a less absorbent, less expensive type of ADs for me. The others were Ultra and these are Clasico.  I returned right away to the apt by taxi.

I left again at 12:30 and walked down and across Avenida Las Vegas. It was only about a 5-minute wait for a Sabaneta bus. Jim and I texted each other about where we were and it was obvious he was 5-6 minutes ahead of me. I got off a block from Parque Sabaneta, walked to the other side and continued on toward Exito. I was looking for Calle 74Sur and I stopped when I saw Calle 74A. I checked the Carrera I was looking for and realized it must be on the other side of the street. The restaurant was along more of a walkway than a street. I arrived before Jim because I later learned he got off the bus a little further than I did.

We shared a plate of Argentinian empanadas then I had their Margarita pizza and a couple Cokes. It was a cool day almost bordering on a little cold.

From there we walked to the park itself where we sat at an outdoor bar and he had a beer while I had a café con leche.

When we left it was a 5-10 minute walk to a bus that would take us down Avenida Poblado. I got off just past Smartfit and walked across the street to a small grocery store where I bought a bottle of Blancox liquid laundry detergent for colored clothing. When I arrived back at the apt Teresa told me she needed laundry detergent for whites so I went next door to our Exito and bought the other bottle.

I put on the new Clasico type of pañeles which are more comfortable because they are less absorbent. I think, I hope, I’m graduating from heavy incontinence to moderate incontinence.

Teresa is feeling a little more pain this evening. I think she tried to do too much around the house today.

A downpour started just before 9pm. It was still drizzling when I went to bed at 10pm.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 164,326 ð 163,667 ð 160,901 new cases and 1,521 ð 1,550 ð 1,544 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,949 ð 1,850 ð 2,099 new cases with 81 ð 61 ð 72 new deaths.  Medellin has 281 ð 294 ð 227 new cases from September 3rd to 4th. Envigado has 8 ð 12 ð 10  new cases from September 3rd to 4th.

T-shirt of the day

All that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment