Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Monday, September 20, 2021

Recovery Day #85!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up 3 times to go to the toilet, woke again at 6:30 to a siren going off, went to the toilet, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises and got up at 7am. The constant “wow” sound of the siren finally stopped at 7:15.

I left the apt just after 8am and walked to Parque Envigado where I had my usual breakfast at Carbon de Leña. At the paper store I had 4 pages of chess notes printed. It took awhile because the owner didn’t seem to be able to get the last 2 pages to print. He fiddled with the door, ensured there was paper and finally replaced this huge toner cartridge. Still, it wouldn’t print.  He removed, fiddled with, and reinstalled the cartridge several times before he got it to work. I then asked him to print a .jpeg map I had copied of the barrios of El Poblado but for some reason he couldn’t.

As I entered Todo Drogas I saw a sign that today (only) everything is 20% off. Lucky me! I bought 2 packages of Anemidox for 69,600 each to send to Laura.

A few days ago I found this news article claiming that Citicoline may be good for treating glaucoma. It is usually “prescribed for strokes, vascular dementia, Parkinson’s disease, and general aging of the brain. Patients usually see improvement when taking the drug because the body uses it to create and repair cell membranes and lower the presence of free radicals”.



I had searched GNC and found this for $57.99.



I was surprised Todo Drogas had it available and without a prescription, so I bought a box of 30 500mg capsules of Citicoline for 99,600 ($26.25), regularly 124,500 ($32.75). I’m going to give it a try. (They also had it in 1000mg capsules; something to keep in mind.)



I walked back to Parva where I had a café con leche while reviewing my newly printed chess notes.

I stopped at the neighborhood grocery store and bought a papaya and 6 Red Delicious apples on my way back to the apt.

This Saturday is the last day I can claim my free Platinum Cine Colombia premiums of one movie, a hot dog, popcorn (100gms), and 400/600 ml soda. I checked all the “nearby” Cine Colombia’s and the only theater showing something decent – Free Guy (7.6) – in English is Vazcaya at 5:45pm.

Wow, one of my new opponents from England chose the name of Johnwaynegacy88.

I contacted Envios Market about picking up the package to send to Laura. Nobrakja “cautioned me” that US Customs will decide if they can be delivered or not and the person who receives it could be liable for taxes. I said “go ahead” and a muchacho picked it up about 4pm and I had to sign and fingerprint some form.

Laura called Teresa and they’re planning a side trip for late December. At first Laura suggested La Pintada but I think now they’ve decided to check on Guatape first.

I understand Laura has a December 16th appointment for breast surgery. We’ve known for some time she has breast cysts and because her mother had breast cancer, she, like Angelina Jolie, will have an elective double mastectomy followed by breast reconstruction.

I think we hit 85 degrees today.

I finished watching Netflix’s new TV mini-series Clickbait (7.3). Very good!

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 148,252 ð 148,202  ð 137,295 new cases and 2,011 ð 2,010  ð 2,087 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,655 ð 1,813 ð 1,185  new cases with 34 ð 35 ð 29 new deaths.  Medellin has 262 ð 219 ð 178 new 19th to 20th. 19th to 20th. 6 ð 6  ð 9 19th to 20th.

 

T-shirt of the day

The best stories can be found offline.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, thanks for the information on Citicoline. I had not heard about it. I am ONLY 70 yrs old, but already notice memory lapses and my math skills are still good but the internal computations are taking longer!!!
    Mom has had mini strokes and her memory has deteriorated greatly. Hopefully both of us will benefit from it.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete