Friday, September 3, 2021

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Recovery Day #67!

Last night I went to bed at 10:15pm, got up twice during the night to use the bathroom, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7:15.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to the mall. While waiting to have something printed at Auros, Martha, Wilson’s girlfriend, stopped by. We chatted a minute and after she left I was kicking myself for not inviting her to join me for breakfast. I saw her again at the Cafam pharmacy and invited her and she readily accepted. We had the complete breakfast at Habia Una Vez. She mentioned she will probably need stomach surgery in about 3 months.

She left and I went up to the 2nd floor and waited in line to use a Davivienda ATM. The lady ahead of me finished then got in line at the next one. Uh-oh. When I tried it I quickly got a message it was out of cash. I then noticed the same thing at the other ATM. I walked over to ServiBanca and withdrew 400mil and it was all in 20s. In Av Villas after a short wait, I paid the additional 205,875 pesos and Whatsapp’d a copy of the receipt to Alcala.

In Exito I bought a small piece of catfish for Teresa, a papaya and 4 bananas and returned to the apt by taxi.

I left the apt at 12:30 and found Jim waiting for me at the entrance to Otra Parte. I gave him the pesos I had been holding for him and he gave me some gifts: 4 bottles of Mug root beer, a large bag of salted-in-the-shell peanuts, more grocery bags (some insulated) for our trips to Pricesmart and a box of Fannie May chocolates for Teresa.

Glenn arrived, they discussed a trip to Jardin, we had a nice lunch and made some tentative plans for the coming week. Glenn left and we walked to Parva for a drink. Jim then left to get a pedicure and I returned to the apt with the bag of presents. The chocolates were “no added sugar” but I told Teresa they were sugar free and she loved them. She gave me one but made sure I understood the rest were hers.

She told me she ate all the catfish I bought for her and she wants me to bring her a larger piece tomorrow. She still sleeps all night and most of the day but seems to be over the hump and on her way to getting stronger.

I am making progress in my incontinence. I used to go through 6-7 ADs a day and the past few days I’ve gone through only 4 a day.

Still watching a lot of episodes of Game of Thrones.

 

 

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 160,041 ð 166,080 ð 164,326 new cases and 1,345 ð 1,418 ð 1,521 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,822 ð 1,996 ð 1,949 new cases with 62 ð 71 ð 81 new deaths.  Medellin has 267 ð 318 ð 281 new cases from September 1st to 2nd. Envigado has 14 ð 8 ð 8 new cases from September 1st to 2nd.

T-shirt of the day

Arizona dusk.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, it is great to hear Teresa and you both are doing better.
    Best wishes for a full recovery for both of you,
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete