Friday, September 17, 2021

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Recovery Day #81!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up 3 times to go to the toilet, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Uh-oh, another noise to deal with. A pothole has developed in the street outside our bedroom windows and now we have to occasionally deal with the thump-thump as car tires hit it.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to Parque Envigado. (I had googled restaurants in Envigado that serve Belgium waffles and was surprised Moriskos came up with 4 different dessert waffles. They also had a basic waffle which would serve as breakfast for me. Their website says they don’t open until 11:30am but I remember seeing them open for breakfast years ago when I went to the nearby Smartfit.) I found they were open. There was only one couple having breakfast so I had my choice of tables. I ordered one of their waffles and was informed it is only available starting at lunchtime. Sigh! I ordered the calentao with scrambled eggs and coffee. The coffee was the only thing that arrived hot and they also included an arepa with a hunk of cheese and a sausage. The sausage looked like a grilled hotdog but obviously wasn’t. Still, the total came to 10mil and I tipped the waiter 2 mil. I guess I’ll be having my waffle for lunch someday.

I walked two blocks to Todo Drogas where I bought 2 boxes of birth control for Laura for 52mil. I imagine she’ll stock up when she visits in December.

I stopped in Exito looking for broccoli but didn’t see any.

I stopped at the Ganso y Castor construction site and was told they expect to open in 3 months. So that would be just before Christmas.

I had coffee in Parva then stopped in a neighborhood market where I bought broccoli, carrots and 2 bags of milk before returning to the apt.

I just coughed and spit up some phlegm. I’ve had some nasal congestion ever since that cold night after Teresa’s surgery.

[To Jack W., one of my blog readers, couldn’t you come for a visit?]

I beat a new player Guxx1198 and increased my rating to 1592 but I’ve got a couple losses coming.

I had a 2-hour chess lesson with Juan Castro for the first time in 2 ½ months but we cut the lesson 30 minutes short because he wasn’t feeling well.

Yesterday Teresa beat me in parcheesi 2 games to 1. Today I beat her 2 games to 1.

Every hour I go to the toilet and I’m managing to keep my AD reasonably dry.

I watched Risen on Netflix.

Laura texted me that she received her Permanent Resident card (green card) today. Yay!

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 172,404 ð 152,177 ð 150,366 new cases and 1,826 ð 1,888 ð 1,969 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,314 ð 1,435 ð 1,484 new cases with 40 ð 26 ð 29 new deaths.  Medellin has 213 ð 225 ð 231  new cases from September 15th to 16th. Envigado has 13 ð 13 ð 6 new cases from September 15th to 16th.

 

Entertaining signs

My neighbors are listening to great music. Whether they like it or not.

1 comment:

  1. I had scheduled several visits before....but each time mom's health had serious complications and I cancelled. The last few months her health has declined, I am now fearful of leaving. I have given up fleeing the country even for visits until I can go permanently. Your vlogs are part of my escapisms for the time Being. I look forward to each and every one. Thanks, Jack W.... congratulations to Laura on her PGC.

    ReplyDelete