Saturday, September 11, 2021

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

 Recovery Day #73!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up at midnight, 2am, and 5am to use the bathroom. I woke up at 7am, put in my eyedrops and did my Kegel exercises, still in bed.

I showered, put on a clean AD, shaved, and dressed and left the apt at 8:30. I was walking through La Buena Mesa when I saw a sign “Ganso & Castor – proximamente” on one of the shuttered restaurants. Yay, we will have a Ganso & Castor in our neighborhood soon. I looked behind the tarps and the place is gutted so it will be a while yet before its open.

I walked to Parque Envigado where I printed a few chess notes at the paper store. (The owner asked me if I wanted her to print all 11 pages. I told her it will probably cost me a small fortune, but yes. She got a laugh out of that.) Jim was waiting for me as I exited the store.

We walked 3 blocks to a little restaurant called Donelia’s in Plaza de Mercado (aka Chuck’s Mart) in downtown Envigado.

We each had the calentado (beans & rice) with scrambled eggs and coffee for 8mil ($2.10). Nothing fancy just filling food.



He left to catch a bus to El Retiro and I caught a bus to Parva where I had a café con leche while reviewing some chess notes. A young lady came by with a sign (deaf and/or dumb?) and I understood enough that she was asking for 500 or 1,000 pesos so I gave her 1mil.

I returned to the apt by 11:30 and Teresa returned from her medical massage by noon.

Wow, around 12:30 we had a serious lightning storm come through and one strike was very close by. Of course, I disconnected the TV and my computer.

Today was Laura’s interview with immigration and I understand all went well and she should have her green card in 2 weeks.

Teresa invited me to join her for her catfish soup but I declined. II left the apt at 1:30 and walked to the mall. I printed some chess notes, recycled a couple plastic bottles, made an ATM withdrawal and went to Santa Leña. After some time perusing their menu I chose a chicken croissant sandwich and a cooling Tropical drink (strawberry, pineapple, and melon). Later I had a slice of carrot cake and a café con leche. I think the total came to about 42mil.




I walked into Cine Colombia and noted what movies are playing. Only one I might be interested in is Free Guy (7.6). I’ll check on it more seriously next week. I bought milk and a few bananas in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

I got another draw against Madcapab increasing my rating 1 point to 1593 and now the Chess.com website says he will only play those with a rating above 1598.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 132,135 ð 152,393 ð 148,538new cases and 1,385 ð 1,499 ð 1,537new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,124 ð 1,637 ð 1,787 new cases with 53 ð 47 ð 49 new deaths.  Medellin has 87 ð 218 ð 201 new cases from September 7th to 8th. Envigado has 7 ð 3 ð 9 new cases from September 7th to 8th.

T-shirt of the day

Not lonely. Just alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment