Saturday, September 18, 2021

Friday, September 17, 2021

Recovery Day #82!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up 3 times to go to the toilet, finally waking/getting up at 7am. My AD is basically dry so my getting up appears to be working.

We left the apt at 9:15 for Teresa’s final medical massage. We arrived early and Teresa wanted something from O’Cake. I was going to order an apple bar with a café con leche but the workers were both preparing orders and no one came to take ours. Teresa gave up and went inside Carulla where she bought a container of fresh fruit slices.

She went for her massage and we agreed to meet at Santa Leña afterward. I went up to the 2nd floor where I used a BBVA ATM to make a withdrawal. I only asked for 300mil because I wanted small bills. It gave me 6 50s and one of them was missing a corner. Sigh! I know a lot of people/places in Medellin won’t take a damaged bill so I went inside the bank where, after a 10-minute wait, I changed 2 of the bills for 5 20s.

I made a trip to the restroom then went to Santa Leña for coffee. I also had a pan de queso (cheese bread). Teresa joined me but she didn’t want anything.

She checked out Zara while I took a cat nap on a nearby sofa. She showed me a pair of sandals she wanted and I understood she was waiting on a sales girl to see if they had them in her size. When we saw the long checkout line we both changed our minds.

In J&C Delicias she ordered salmon and spent some time going through details including she wanted it hot. I wasn’t hungry at the moment so I just ordered the soup of the day – vegetable. It came cold so we sent it back and it finally arrived hot.

We were both tired so we left right away.

We both had a little nap in the afternoon.

 

I lost to Youclough and vsClassic dropping my rating to 1573.

Wow, now I’m playing CoastalChip from North Korea.

Esmeralda and her son Alejandro came over about 5:30. He speaks a little English so it’s always interesting to try to communicate with him. He wanted the wifi password but darned if I could figure out where I saved it. He finally showed me how he could scan a QR code on my cellphone to access it.

We left at 7:15 and had patacones in La Mesa of Envigado. Interestingly, the lady making them was wearing a Chicago, The Windy City t-shirt.



 The total for all 4 of us, with a couple Cokes, was 56mil.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 152,177 ð 150,366 ð 148,816 new cases and 1,888 ð 1,969 ð 1,992 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,435 ð 1,484 ð 1,544 new cases with 26 ð 29 ð 44 new deaths.  Medellin has 225 ð 231 ð 232 new cases from September 16th to 17th. Envigado has 13 ð 6 ð 19 new cases from September 16th to 17th.

 

T-shirt of the day

She’s enough. (I’m she.)

No comments:

Post a Comment