Sunday, September 26, 2021

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Recovery Day #90!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up four times to go to the toilet, woke up at 7:15, put in my eyedrops, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 8:15.

Strangely, JohnWayneGacy88 resigned our game increasing my rating to 1595, but I don’t have a clue as to why he would resign on the 8th move. The computer says I was clearly winning but he still had chances.

I left the apt at 10:15 on a very sunny day that looks like it might hit 85 degrees today. I was surprised Herman didn’t have his OJ stand set up.

I just realized that my Citibank card is an ATM only card not for store purchases. I finally figured that out because there is no CVC number on the back. I confirmed it with a call to Citibank. I asked them to send me a debit card. To further confirm my identity, they sent me a code using SMS. As has happened in the past I never receive it here in Colombia and I don’t even know where to look for it on my cellphone. Messenger? Messages? Whatsapp? I asked if I could have it sent to my brother and gave the rep his number. He came back and said it didn’t work, then the connection got screwy so I hung up. Sigh! I need to talk to Glenn about this issue as I think he’s dealt with this problem in the past.

At 1:30 it was overcast and windy and only 77 degrees.

Wow, JohnWayneGacy88 blundered his Queen increasing my rating to an all-time-high of 1603. I finally made it – now to stay above 1600..

About 3pm Teresa got a call inviting us to go out with Wilson, Vicky, Daniela - not sure who else. I declined. I don’t mind going out but not knowing where we’re going, when and how I can return when I want makes me uncomfortable. Teresa admitted she had no idea where they were going.

I started watching the TV series Yellowstone (8.6) on Netflix.

 

Well, I don’t know what I did right, but my Favorites Bar is back.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 126,760 ð 123,074 ð 120,704 new cases and 2,036 ð 2,062 ð 2,034 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,608 ð 1,702 ð 1,740 new cases with 26 ð 36 ð 34 new deaths.  Medellin has 264 ð 264 ð 238 new cases from September to 24th to 25th. Envigado has 8 ð 9  ð 7 new cases from September 24th to 25th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Appalachian mountaineers.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, congratulations on breaking the 1600 point barrier. I know it has been a goal of yours for a long time--at least since you started lessons with Juan Carlos --that is the grand master you study with??
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete